× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN Configuration Assistance

bains1000
Aspirant

VLAN Configuration Assistance

Hi

I am trying to setup a failry simple VLAN configuration on the GS728TPP Switch and i'm struggling to understand how the Vlan works on here.

I want Port 1 and 2 to be untagged on VLAN 10

I would then line Port 3 and 4 to be untagged on VLAN 11

The switch allows me to configure the same ports to be untagged on multple VLan which I didn't think was possible.  

I would also like to remove these ports from the default VLan 1 but the switch doesn't allow me to do this.

Is it possible to configure this switch with the above configuration?

Thanks

Model: GS728TPP|ProSAFE 24-port PoE Smart Switch with 24 PoE+-port
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Re: VLAN Configuration Assistance

Hi bains1000

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

You can configure the switch with Port 1 and 2 to be untagged on VLAN 10,  Port 3 and 4 to be untagged on VLAN 11.

The import point is that, you need to change port pvid, after creating new vlan 10 and vlan 11, you can add port1/2 to vlan 10’s members on VLAN membership page, then change port1/2 pvid as vlan 10 on Port pvid configuration page; add port 3/4 to vlan 11’s members, then change port 3/4 pvid as vlan 11. At this moment, port 1/2/3/4 should remove from the default vlan 1.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi bains1000

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

You can configure the switch with Port 1 and 2 to be untagged on VLAN 10,  Port 3 and 4 to be untagged on VLAN 11.

The import point is that, you need to change port pvid, after creating new vlan 10 and vlan 11, you can add port1/2 to vlan 10’s members on VLAN membership page, then change port1/2 pvid as vlan 10 on Port pvid configuration page; add port 3/4 to vlan 11’s members, then change port 3/4 pvid as vlan 11. At this moment, port 1/2/3/4 should remove from the default vlan 1.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 2 of 3
bains1000
Aspirant

Thanks this looks like it has worked.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos