× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: Web interface not reachable

nicku
Aspirant

Web interface not reachable

Hi,

I configured the switch as follows: 

IP-Adress: 192.168.4.21 (static)

Port 1: Trunk (tagged), PVID 1                       connected to Router

Port 2: VLAN 101 (untagged), PVID 101        connected to PC1

Port 3: VLAN 102 (untagged), PVID 102        connected to PC2

Port 4: VLAN 103 (untagged), PVID 103        connected to PC3

Port 5: VLAN 1 (untagged), PVID 1                Management Interface

IP-Network (DHCP Server in Router):

VLAN 1: 192.168.4.0/24

VLAN 101: 192.168.1.0/24

VLAN 102: 192.168.2.0/24

VLAN 103: 192.168.3.0/24

My problem is that the configuration interface is not reachable after a while. I am just able to configure it if i disconnect everything, just connect my laptop and reboot the switch (sometimes I need to reset it). I tried to configure it from scratch, but that didnt help. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Most of these Smart Managed switches don't allow to configure a VLAN ID for the management - therefore the management traffic from the switch is untagged.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Web interface not reachable

Hi nicku,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that everything looks good on your setup. I suspect that there is something that floods your switch that's why it became unresponsive after a while. I believe that the PC that you are using for setup is connected to port 5. In order for us to assist you better with the issue, kindly provide us additional information. I have summarized my questions below:

- How about the LED status of the ports? 

- Can you still ping the switch or any other device connected to the switch?

- Does it happens right after you apply those configuration?

- Does it work for a while then it will became unresponsive?

You may also upgrade the firmware to its latest version. If ever that this device is a brand new unit, I suggest you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR support and please let them know the status of your switch.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
nicku
Aspirant

Hi,

theank you for your answer. I think I found the issue: The router has thrown away all packets without a vlan id. It seems that the switch always answers with packets that dont have a vlan id. Is this correct?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Most of these Smart Managed switches don't allow to configure a VLAN ID for the management - therefore the management traffic from the switch is untagged.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements