× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS708T LAG with two 10G Mac ports says switch doesn't support 802.3ad

meatball1
Star

XS708T LAG with two 10G Mac ports says switch doesn't support 802.3ad

Simliar to @jdmarlow's post here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Plus-and-Smart-Switches-Forum/Cannot-get-LAG-working-on-XS708T/m-p/...

I've been unsuccessful at bonding two 10G ports on a Mac on the XS708T switch.

The difference with mine is I do have the two ports bonded on the MAC and LACP is turned on the LAG/switch; howover my Mac says my switch doesn't support 802.3AD Link aggregation.

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: XS708T LAG with two 10G Mac ports says switch doesn't support 802.3ad

Lack of LACP 802.3ad support on your computer, Instead of a dynamic LACP LAG, configure a static LAG on the switch side.

Message 2 of 5
meatball1
Star

Interesting, per the link I referenced the poster says he resolved it by setting up the lag with lacp on the switch (IE - his changing it from static to Lacp is what resolved his issue). But you think my setting to static will resolve it for me? maybe I’m not understanding a variable. Btw the 802.3ad is supported by computer; the computer is telling me the switch doesn’t support it when I bond the the ports. That said, doesn’t hurt for me to try it. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

My bad. Of course, newer OS X are supporting virtually unlimited numbers of Ethernet ports to be configured accordingly.

Have mixed-up the port numbering for the links somehow? 

Message 4 of 5
meatball1
Star

No worries, appreciate your trying to help.

I got it working. It was user error; a setting I had on the Mac side. Two bonded 10g ports work with the switch. thanks lot.

Edit- you were right in that I didn’t have one of the virtual interfaces checked in the bond on my Mac. Felt very silly.
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements