Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OS6 ReadyCloud on Legacy Hardware (not supported by Netg

pst
Tutor
Tutor

OS6 ReadyCloud on Legacy Hardware (not supported by Netgear)

So I'm running 6.1.4 on a Pro Pioneer/Business (beta unit from old times) and was playing around trying to get ReadyCloud up.

No luck so far, the backup button is wired differently (probably just a database change to find the ACPI information for this model).

Any thoughts? This is the thread for ReadyCloud bashing.
Message 1 of 8
pst
Tutor
Tutor

I can discuss negative results...

So the initial problem is figuring out how the "Backup" button on the new models communicates to the readycloud app on the system so we can trigger discovery.

I've done a string search through the binaries in /opt/readycloud/bin and I have not found any accesses to anything of interest in /dev.
I'm assuming, however, that since the backup button classically triggers something in frontview, that what we should be really looking for is the notification from frontview to the readycloud daemons themselves.

Any thoughts? I recognize this isn't much information, I will start to look more carefully later, but I thought I'd drum up enthusiasm.
Message 2 of 8
KillerBob
Aspirant

What did you ever figure out concerning the backup button? I have 6.2 installed on an Ultra 2, and the backup button doesn't do anything...
Message 3 of 8
grimloch
Aspirant

I have readycloud working on two old Ready NAS Pros (6.2.0) and didn't need the backup button. Just setup through frontview and the web site.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Message 4 of 8
pst
Tutor
Tutor

Not an issue in 6.2. Dead topic.
Message 5 of 8
KillerBob
Aspirant

If it is not an issue in 6.2, then please tell me why my Ultra 2, running 6.2, does not respond to the backup button??? It worked fine with 4.2.27, but not now...
Message 6 of 8
KillerBob
Aspirant

And having just tested it on my Pioneer Pro, with 6.2, I can confirm the backup button does NOT work on it either...
Message 7 of 8
grimloch
Aspirant

OS6 is not officially supported on legacy devices, so I suppose we're lucky the OS works at all!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements