Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready Cloud App - File Access

Calvin386
Aspirant

Ready Cloud App - File Access

Some of my photos and files will not show on iPhone using ReadyCLOUD app. When I open a folder usiung the app, I can see some thumbnail previews and not others. The photos with thumbnails will open. The ones without will not and I get the exclamation icon shown below. The photos were taken at the same time with same camera. Loaded the same time with same formatting and are similar in size. I cannot figure out why some files load and other do not. Also...this is for all file types not just photos. Any ideas? Thanks

IMG_0453.PNG

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Calvin386

Are you using the mobile data or connected on WiFi locally?

Are these files already uploaded on the NAS or still on your phone? If the files are on the NAS there is a possibility that it has not been properly synced yet.

Have you tried re-opening the app or wait to see if a thumbnail will appear after a few seconds or minutes indicating that the file has been properly detected and synced with the cloud?

Make sure that the NAS is always connected on the internet as well.

Regards

Message 2 of 7
Calvin386
Aspirant

thThanks for the response...

All files are on the NAS and not on the phone. The same condition occurs rather on mobile or local wifi data. The NAS is always connected to internet. It does not sync with my lap top. I use tha NAS as my hard drive backed up to external hard drive that is also on the network.

I will leave the app open for ten minutes or so to rule out the downloading issue and report back. 

Message 3 of 7
Calvin386
Aspirant

I left the app open for 13 minutes with no change. See below for a screen shot of the files that wont open. The vast majority of my files load and are able to be viewed on the IOS mobile device. Also, these same files are able to be viewed on my Windows laptop. I am beginning to suspect that this is an IOS mobile issue. 

IMG_0454.PNG

Message 4 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you getting any messages aside from the exlcamation point image showing when you try to open the file?

Do you have another iOS device you can try open the file from?

Message 5 of 7
Calvin386
Aspirant

It is identical when using my wife's iPhone. Same files are not viewable. I only get the exclamation point. No other message. 

Message 6 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Calvin386

Have you tried toggle ReadyCloud service on/off? Or have you installed ReadyCloud v2.0.2 for iOS?

Regards

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements