Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I log onto ReadyCloud it says my device is offline and to check internet connectivity and that it is on. We had a powercut over the weekend and so a few systems rebooted, including the ReadyNas device. The device is online (I can access it by logging onto its IP address) and I can get ReadyCloud to work by pressing the button on the device for 5 seconds and then using the 'Discover' button. However this only works as long as I am logged in. If I log out and then back in it loses the device again - not helpful when I want to access files remotely. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a ReadyNas 104 system.

Many thanks,

Olivia

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There were some entries missing from a config file as this system was updated from very old firmware. I added those missing lines in and it has resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OF,

When you login to ReadyCloud, click Home instead, this should load all the ReadyNAS units that registered to ReadyCloud with your account and ReadyNAS units that invited you to have access.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have been clicking on Home. This is where it is saying my device is offline. Thank you.

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello OF,

When you do this, is the computer connected to same network where the NAS is and is it wireless or wired to the network?

Please also check in the admin page > Cloud > ReadyCloud if it is turned ON and if the Internet and Services have green check mark.

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello OF

Can you please send NAS system log? I want to take a look ReadyCLOUD log to determine the issue.

Message 5 of 11
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The computer is connected to the same network wirelessly. ReadyCloud is also ON and the green check mark is displaying.

Thank you,

Olivia

Message 6 of 11
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have emailed the logs. Thank you for taking a look.

Message 7 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the logs. I have sent you a PM.

Message 8 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There were some entries missing from a config file as this system was updated from very old firmware. I added those missing lines in and it has resolved the problem.

Message 9 of 11
bimmerx2
Aspirant

Can you share the fix. I have the same situation - Readycloud is turned on, green checkmarks, settings look good, device always says "offline" regardless of where I'm connected. It was working good until the firmware upgrade a few months ago, then it died.

Message 10 of 11
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bimmerx2,

Welcome to the community.

Kindly try updating to the latest firmware; it has a fix for DNS lookup which affects ReadyCloud activity.

ReadyNAS OS 6 Software Version 6.6.1

If that does not resolve it please send in your logs. See How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements