Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud ignoring .pst files

pashafer
Aspirant

ReadyCloud ignoring .pst files

Hi,

am a very new ReadyNAS user.

Have setup the Readycloud app on my Win7 system. It is syncing "My Documents" folder. But when it gets to my .pst files it pops up a message (actually 3 different messages at different times).

"An error occurred during synchronization Failed to Upload File" <filename> "reason: Service Unavailable"

"An error occurred during synchronization "Server storage is full" <filename> "reason: Insufficient Storage"

"Ignored " followed by the file name, "was ignored in your ReadyCLOUD folder"

If Outlook is running (and therefore the file would be open) I get the last one, and that might be fair, I guess. If Outlook is not running, I get the first two.

Now, there is plenty of space available, 1.8TB.

Any clues as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Peter

Message 1 of 7
pashafer
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud ignoring .pst files

ok, so after a week of no responses on here, I tried the live chat support. They were very nice, and explained that these forums are only for community support, and not monitored by the support team. doh! - Good one Pete.

Anyway, the live chat technician, while helpful was unable to resolve it. Referred it to a higher level support team. Scheduled a meeting time for them to call me five days later, 2000 9th Feb Sydney time. It is now 2135 on 9th Feb and no contact.

Live chat again, and I get the same person. All apologetic. Not a lot of help.
Looks like they are going to call now - Yeh!:)
Message 2 of 7
vorear
Aspirant

How large are your PST files? Are they uniquely large?
Message 3 of 7
vorear
Aspirant

Had the same problem myself on a pair of very small files, so it wasn't file size. Perhaps file permissions?
Good luck with live chat.
Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Is it possible that the files are being held open by outlook?
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

I'm having the same error message trying to sync a movie file from Laptop to ReadyNAS 102.
Message 6 of 7
TeknoJnky
Hero

you could try renaming the file, like .test and see if it is something related to the extension, or something about the file (maybe too large to sync?) that readycloud doesn't like.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements