Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud problem

IT-SW
Guide

ReadyCloud problem

My readycloud says offline.  I have setup the RN3182 RU server and had to setup localy due to not being able to access readycloud.  Sent a support email in and they tell me they may be having problems with the readycloud server at the moment and would get back to me..  Anyone else having this trouble?

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
IT-SW
Guide

Re: ReadyCloud problem

All is working now as it should. Your techs told me it was a problem on there end and would be fixed ASAP.

It was and is working perfectly. Thx

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20

All Replies
AlexPe
NETGEAR Expert

Hi IT-SW,

Thank you for coming to the community with your inquiry.

Did you set up DNS information or is the DNS information missing from your network configuration? Can you walk me through the setup you have in your network there?

Thanks 

AlexPe

Message 2 of 20
IT-SW
Guide

All is working now as it should. Your techs told me it was a problem on there end and would be fixed ASAP.

It was and is working perfectly. Thx
Message 3 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

I have this same issue, set up and discovered my 204 via ReadyCloud without issue, updated the 204 from 6.3.2 to 6.4.2 (new unit) and now ReadyClous only shows 'Offline' status. I have no problem accessing the admin page via Browser or opening shares with Finder. Is the server down for service over the weekend?

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 4 of 20
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello  vtxrider,

Please make sure the ReadyNAS is getting on the Internet. Check if ReadyCloud is enabled and if you can access it via the web URL.

Regards,

Message 5 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

It is connected to a Gb network, the web site shows the 204 alongside my NV+ but the 204 is listed as offline. I can connect fine via LAN or Finder. The MAC ReadyCloud App also shows offline as well as my phone app. Do I need to open a port on my router for it? It was connected OK before the FW update as it was setup via website.

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 1.09.20 PM.png

Message 6 of 20
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which services are you running under System > Settings > Services ?

Which apps are you running?

Message 7 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

SMB, AFP, NFS,FTP,UpNP, & HTTP. As I mentioned it was discovered and connected fine PRIOR to updating, that was the only change made between having a connection and losing it, so for my money it was the update thar broke it. I have seen a few other posts about this same issue. Perhape this is one reason for the new 6.5 FW and all new Readycloud next month.

Message 8 of 20
digitall12
Aspirant

I have the same issue. ReadyCloud is offline while the Readynas is online and connected to the internet.

My firmware is 6.5.0 - T338 beta.

But i have also tried with version 6.4.0 and it does not help. Is there trouble on the Netgear site?

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|,RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 9 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

I tried rolling back to 4.0 as that is as far as the OS will allow, no help. I think this is affecting people that had ReadyNAS Remote on a previous NAS and added the new unit to ReadyCLoud then updated. Under users on the readycloud tab my unit is showing the old NV+ as the user, but the online portal is showing no registered units.

You can try adding your gateway IP address to the DNS server list of your adapter. Go to the Network Tab, then the settings (gear) of the green adapter, select IPv4 and click the + button to add your IP. This got me back online with services but still having issues with user account.

Message 10 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

Got it working!!!! After adding the gateway IP to the DNS server list go to Readycloud tab and turn off the service, then go to Readycloud settings and manually log in with your user name and password. This worked for my and both the desktop and iPhone app are now working. Good Luck

Message 11 of 20
digitall12
Aspirant

Got it working!!!! After adding the gateway IP to the DNS server list go to Readycloud tab and turn off the service, then go to Readycloud settings and manually log in with your user name and password. This worked for my and both the desktop and iPhone app are now working. Good Luck

Good for you! Were did you adding the gateway IP to the DNS server list?

Message 12 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@digitall12 wrote:

Were did you adding the gateway IP to the DNS server list?

Are you using a static IP address configuration on the NAS?

If so, a common mistake is to forget to configure the DNS server section of the configuration.  Normally this would include your router IP (since it usually acts as a DNS proxy, using your ISP DNS servers).

If you want to test this, try using the "check for updates" link on the system overview page.  If it reaches the Netgear update servers, then your static IP address is correctly configured.

Some users have found that manually adding Google's DNS server to their NAS IP configuration helps them reach ReadyCloud - even if they are using DHCP with their NAS.  That is easy to try, and does no harm - their server is IP address 8.8.8.8.  

The DNS configuration for the NAS  is found on the network tab of the admin UI.  Click the settings wheel next to the NIC image, and then look on the ipv4 tab.  DNS is at the bottom.

Message 13 of 20
digitall12
Aspirant

>Are you using a static IP address configuration on the NAS?

No, I use DHCP.

>Some users have found that manually adding Google's DNS server to their NAS IP configuration helps them reach ReadyCloud - even if they are using DHCP with their NAS.  That is easy to try, and does no harm - their server is IP address 8.8.8.8.  

I put this adress to my NAS but the Readycloud app gives me an offline error.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 14 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@digitall12 wrote:

I put this adress to my NAS but the Readycloud app gives me an offline error.

Then your problem is different from vtxrider's.  What firmware are you running?

Message 15 of 20
digitall12
Aspirant

>Then your problem is different from vtxrider's.  What firmware are you running?

I am running 6.5.0. T338. But in the firmware 6.4.0 the problem also excist.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 16 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@digitall12 wrote:

I am running 6.5.0. T338. 

And you are accessing the beta ReadyCloud site?

Message 17 of 20
digitall12
Aspirant

No, i am accessing the normal ReadyCloud site. eg http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access

But i have also the Readycloud software installed, but i can't get online with that too.

Message 18 of 20
vtxrider
Tutor

How can not adding your gateway IP to the DNS server list be a 'mistake' seeing as how there is no documentation on doing this. I had already added the Google DNS numbers, 8888,8844, & 4222 to the list without any luck. It was only after 2 days of back and forth with support that he mentioned I might try that. If this was a 'common' mistake maybe someone should have mentioned it a bit sooner.

Message 19 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@vtxrider wrote:

How can not adding your gateway IP to the DNS server list be a 'mistake' seeing as how there is no documentation on doing this.

I don't work for Netgear, and I'm not interested in playing a "blame game".  Configuring a static address with no DNS server configured is a mistake.  So is using an incorrect subnet mask, or using an incorrect gateway address.  Removing two disks from a RAID-5 array is a mistake...  What causes people to make those mistakes is a different question.

Not settiing a DNS server is a common error, and that does suggest that improving the documentation might be useful.  

Adding in a configuration check and reporting a warning if the DNS service is omitted (and/or the internet cannot be reached) might be even more useful.

Some people do want to block the NAS from accessing the internet, and deliberately misconfigure the static address to ensure that.  So that should be taken into account in any changes that are made to the firmware.

Message 20 of 20
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements