Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 not accessible from Readycloud since account upgrade

DDickens
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 not accessible from Readycloud since account upgrade

Hi,  I upgraded my Readycloud account as requested and since that time I have been unable to access the Nas drive remotely.

Each time I login the screen starts to load the network drive mappings and then says "Currently you have no registered or shared devices".

I have changed network ports, reinstalled the OS and also added a static IP but none of these work.  I see others have had to resort to a factory reset.  Is there any other option?

Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 not accessible from Readycloud since account upgrade

Hello DDickens,

If the issue is already resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate post as the accepted solution so this can be of help to other members of the community who are getting the same issue.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware are you running?

When you set a static I.P. did you remember to specify the DNS Server addresses?

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 11
DDickens
Aspirant

is is running 6.5.1 and yes we adjusted the DNS also as per the instructions.  We are actaully trying a factory reset and that seems to solve it

Message 3 of 11
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DDickens,

If the issue is already resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate post as the accepted solution so this can be of help to other members of the community who are getting the same issue.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 4 of 11
biotechguy
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 not accessible from Readycloud since account upgrade. The ReadyNAS always reports as being "off-line" in the readycloud app. I can access the device from the LAN but not WAN (i.e. the cloud).  I haven't been able to find a solution in the on-line communities. 

It looks like a common issue but I haven't found a clear solution or a protocol to correct this issue. I have had this ReadyNAS device for 2 years now and haven't been able to use it for it's intended purpose at all.

Thanks,

biotechguy

Model: RN10421D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@biotechguy wrote:

I have had this ReadyNAS device for 2 years now and haven't been able to use it for it's intended purpose at all.

Is ReadyCloud the only problem?  If not, then perhaps post one of them, giving the model+firmware with some info on what is going wrong.

Message 6 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi biotechguy,

Kindly post a new thread. It seems like the OP have resolved their ReadyCLOUD issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DDickens wrote:

We are actaully trying a factory reset and that seems to solve it

That is a last resort and it should have been fixable without needing to do that, but it does have the upside that you now have a clean install on the new firmware.

Message 8 of 11
biotechguy
Aspirant

RND10442D (ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay)

Firmware 6.5.1

Device reports as off-line and is inaccessible to ReadyCloud. I upgraded the firmware and migrated to mynetgear account at the same time so I am unsure what has caused the issue. Raidar finds and reports that the device is fine.

Any suggestions besides a factory reset? If not, how do I perform a factory reset and will this erase all the data on the drive?

Thanks,

Biotechguy

Model: RN10442D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 9 of 11
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi biotechguy,

It doesn't matter which if the Firmware was updated first or if your ReadyCLOUD account has been migrated with your MyNETGEAR account. Can you confirm if your newly migrated ReadyCLOUD/MyNETGEAR account (e-mail address) is being used as an e-mail address by one of your registered local users (Accounts->Users)? With regard to your other questions, I suppose that you can still access your files locally, so performing Factory reset is not an option (doing this will erase all the data in all your drives).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

biotechguy can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements