Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Replicate configuration not possible

Tryll
Guide

ReadyNAS Replicate configuration not possible

After falling victim to the ReadyCloud outage issue, I also noted that Replicate was not acting normally. In attempting to log in to the replicate management portal, I could no longer log in. This was discussed directly with support by email, as well as in the, now locked, thread about the ongoing ReadyCloud failure issues.

Apparently the inability to log in may have happened when we were forced to migrate to MyNetGear accounts? I'm not sure about that.

Either way, the Replicate service apparently switched off along with ReadyCloud. Now that it is manually reenabled on the NAS(s) it has started functioning again, and according to the logs it emails me, it is completing previously defined jobs successfully.

But, I still can't log in to the management site, so it is pretty much just running those jobs with no ability for me to make any changes. I can't recover the username password combo (which I already know the correct ones), or reset the password. According to support, I need to create a new account, but that isn't possible because new accounts can't be created on the servers at this time. ??

I'm wondering if this is a wider spread issue than just me, if NetGear plans to do anything about it, and if and when it will again be possible to log in to the Replicate manager.

Wow NetGear, what the heck happened that made your entire solution fall apart at the seams?? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello Tryll

Replicate is using Remote account to work,if you cannot login Replicate management site,please reset passwd of your Remote account at http://remote.readynas.com/.

Message 2 of 4
Tryll
Guide

@Retired_Member wrote:

Hello Tryll

Replicate is using Remote account to work,if you cannot login Replicate management site,please reset passwd of your Remote account at http://remote.readynas.com/.

As I've mentioned, the Replicate and/or Remote passwords can not be retrieved or updated and my account was "upgraded" to a MyNetGear account.

ReadyCLOUD.png

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello Tryll

if your account is already migrated to MyNETGEAR account,you must recover MyNETGEAR password on ReadyCLOUD portal directly.

after you reset password ,you can use it to log in Replicate with your old Remote acount name.

Recover password.png

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements