Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 102 Adding Users in the Common Household Enviroment

mustang822
Aspirant

ReadyNas 102 Adding Users in the Common Household Enviroment

Hello I just purchased a readynas 102 system and wanted to give access to my wife. I want her to have her own file tree withing the readynas system. Is there a way I can add her to the Cloud user group. For some reason the system is not allowing me to add a cloud user. I am using firmware 6.2.3 ( Beta 9) because I had to install this for my iTunes 12.1 server connection to work.

When I try to invite a user using the admin page i get a message that says "the device is joined to ready cloud, please go to readycloud to invite user" and when I go to readycloud I cant see where I can "invite user"

I basically just want my wife to be able to store files in the nas using her own log in and folder tree... Help!

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 102 Adding Users in the Common Household Enviro

Does she need ReadyCloud, or is it ok for her to only access her files locally?

You can start by creating her a public share. she can access it as guest, or with your useraccount, or her own local account. If you do want her to use ReadyCloud, then don't put her files into a private home share.

After she has a share set up, you can add her to ReadyCloud using this guide: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -system%3F

I agree it is a bit confusing btw - it also seems more intuitive to me to create the user first, rather than start with the "share" control.
Message 2 of 3
mustang822
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas 102 Adding Users in the Common Household Enviro

Thank you that worked.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements