Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 102 No disks detected

rmadrid20
Tutor

ReadyNas 102 No disks detected

New 1tb disk toshiba compatible, tested good on my pc, when i inserted in the nas i hear it spining but then i have the blue power light on bliking for hours, decided to search in the formus tried rebooting, formating, rtc, etc and nothing, need help please, thanks for stopping by

Johnny

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Is this the only drive in the system? If so - If the disk was formatted, you either need to do a factory default using the boot menu, or you need to unformat it.

If it's not the only disk, then try logging into the admin web ui ( https://nas-ip-address/admin ) and check the status there.

Message 2 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Is this the only drive in the system?

Yes only one disk 1TB Toshiba

If so - If the disk was formatted, you either need to do a factory default using the boot menu, or you need to unformat it.

Ok i might made a mistake a did a quick format on my pc, so im goiong to put the disk back on my pc and delete de volume and leave it, then what? put it on the nas and do a factory default? 

Message 3 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Ok i went to my pc and deleted the volume and put it back in the nas and did the os install leavung the disk 2 light on as per the manual and still the power light its blinking and my raidar says no disk detected and where the disk should be i see this "[]" any ideas?

Message 4 of 16
Sandshark
Sensei

Once you deleted the partition, you sholdn't have needed to access the boot menu.  The need was for one or the other.  But if the NAS is still seeing something on the drive and you do need to use the menu, Disk 2 LED on is "OS Re-install".  You need to do a "Factory Default".  A re-install is for a system that has already been initialized, but has a corrupt OS.  Factory default is for a new system, or making it new again, including deleting all data..

Message 5 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

ok perfect, I went with the disk to my pc, made sure it was ok, no partitions, unallocated, basic with 1tb of space, after that i put it in the nas and did the factory default setting, rebooting the nas with the button on the back pressed and powered on, then select the option with the led one on "factory default" and after few seconds the power light stared blinking blue again like always does 😞 

Message 6 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@rmadrid20 wrote:

ok perfect, I went with the disk to my pc, made sure it was ok, no partitions, unallocated, basic with 1tb of space, after that i put it in the nas and did the factory default setting, rebooting the nas with the button on the back pressed and powered on, then select the option with the led one on "factory default" and after few seconds the power light stared blinking blue again like always does 😞 

What status is RAIDar telling you? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Message 7 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

No disks detected

Message 8 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Try powering it down, then move the disk to slot 2 and restart the NAS.  If that works, then something might be wrong with the first bay.

Is this a newly purchased NAS? If it is, then did you purchase it used?

Message 9 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Moved the disk to the second slot and same thing, bought it new 2 years ago. I stoped using it maybe a year ago then I decided to use it again to storage all my pictires and seems to be broken or something its happening becasue as you see we cant get it to work 

Message 10 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@rmadrid20 wrote:

Moved the disk to the second slot and same thing, bought it new 2 years ago. 

The warranty is 3 years - you can request an RMA via my.netgear.com

Message 11 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Unfortunately I don’t have proof of purchase
Message 12 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Never mind I bought it in 2015 lol
Message 13 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Do you have another disk you could try?  Just to make sure that it is the NAS.

Message 14 of 16
rmadrid20
Tutor

Unfortunately no, that is the only HD I have
Message 15 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@rmadrid20 wrote:
Unfortunately no, that is the only HD I have

Well, there is a chance that the issue is related to the toshiba disk (though since Windows recognizes it, the chance is slight).

More likely the NAS chassis has failed.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements