Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud desktop app - cannot open folders

Vilaplano
Initiate

Readycloud desktop app - cannot open folders

Hi,

Since the Readycloud 1.12 /FW 6.5.0 upgrade, weird connection problems have arisen.

99% of the time, the desktop app connects (after quite a wait, I might add) and actually displays the directory list. When I click any folder to open it in Windows 7 explorer, the grinding wheel appears on the left and then after a while nothing. It does NOT display the contents of the folder. Nothing happens.

The account is accessible via the webportal and the same account works well on other pc's using the Readycloud desktop app.

I have tried the following, to no avail:

-Disabled antivirus

-Disabled firewall

-Uninstallation (even via Revo Uninstaller) followed by fresh install

-Tried both wireless and wired connections

-Disabled IPv6 in  windows network adapter settings

-PC reboot

Cannot downgrade to previous version of Readycloud as these fail to connect now...

Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 52
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Vilaplano,

Please logout the account from ReadyCloud and exit it from the bottom Please login to the admin page and go to Cloud > Settings. Make sure the Use Proxy Settings is unmarked then get to Security, make sure Encryption is not checked.

Once done, launch the ReadyCloud desktop client then log in with your myNetgear account name and password.

Regards,

Message 2 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I have 2 readynas, a 104 and a 204.  Readycloud ios app would not open the 104.  Showed it as online but no connection.  I tried the above suggestion and now it works.  Question, it showes "Connected (Readycloud).  The 204 shows " Connected (VPN).  Is that an issue?  Should it read connected VPN?  If so, how do I change that.

Message 3 of 52
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kberna1376,

That differs if you are connecting locally or if you are on another network (mobile data, restaurant, office, hotel, and etc.).

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I have the same problem.  The desktop app connects and I can open the admin page, however I cannot open the folders.  I have followed all of the suggestions above, but still no acess to folders.

I must comment that the ios app works perfectly with NAS and folder access.

Message 5 of 52
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kberna1376,

Does the same thing happen if you're login as the ReadyCLOUD admin? Or it only happens on secondary ReadyCLOUD users?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

Yes, I have folder access from the Readycloud web page login.  As mentioned, the ios app works fine.  The only fail is the desktop app.  I log into the desktop app and can access the server admin pages.  Folders are all visible, but will not open.

Message 7 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

The Readycloud web portal works fine.  All folders are visible, and open to files stored there.  Same is true for the ios app.

The desktop app shows my two servers, and I can log into the admin pages.  The folders are also visible, but cannot be opened.

Message 8 of 52
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kberna1376,

What's the version of the desktop client you are using?

Regards,

Message 9 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

The desktop software is v1.12.  Using Windows 10.

Message 10 of 52
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kberna1376,

I believe you are in the same network where the NAS is since you can access the admin page. How about mapping the NAS IP, does that let you in to the shares?

Regards,

Message 11 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I'm not sure what mapping the NAS IP means.  I can see the folders and open them when I am using Windows file explorer.  The other NAS is remote from my location so there is no folder access.

Message 12 of 52
scravatt
Apprentice

This happens to me randomly....client connects to readnas correctly, folder are shown in the list, but they don't open to a windows explorer window. There is a spinning icon next to the folder and then it goes away and nothing.... restarting the client app doesn't fix the problem. If I reboot my computer and restart the desktop client it sometimes works correctly and I can open and read/write access my folders in a windows explorer window. Tried this on multiple computers (Win7)...same issue and rebooting sometimes fixes it. but closing/exiting the client app and reopening it causes the problem again. It's definitely a desktop client bug. It never happened with the 1.10 desktop client version...that ALWAYS worked.  My iphone mobile app works fine...so it's a issue with the 1.12 windows desktop client program.

Message 13 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

Thanks for your comments.  I can't get it to work at all.  Tried uninstaling the app, CCleaner to clear registry, rebooting Windows 10, re-downloading and re-installing the app doesn't fix the problem.  Guess we wait for Netgear to repair the app.  Hopefully soon.

Message 14 of 52
Vilaplano
Initiate

Hi. 

The suggestion presented by JennC on 03-06-2016 does not work.

Anything else we can try?

It seems that this all stems from the FW6.5.0/readycloud->MyNetgear account binding operation forced upon us recently.

Frustrating to say the least!

All sorts of gremlins now...

Thx

Message 15 of 52
Kberna1376
Apprentice

When will Netgear fix Readycloud 1.12?  Folder access is broken and needs to get fixed ASAP!

Message 16 of 52
mikedhooer
Tutor

i have the same issues.

Until yesterday i could access my nas on windows explorer just typ my ip give user and pass and there where all my shares.

Today no more access to all my shares only my www share.

After some searching i found under the HTTP service that standerd intertnet would go to my www share. when i changed that i could not access my nas anymore in windows explorer.

When i go to my browser and go to my ip/admin i can access al my shares and settings.

Also with the readycloud program i can see al my main shares but cant open them ...

So i look to turn off HTTP service becaus i think there is the error but no can do ??

I'm ussing windows 10 home and readycloud 1.12

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 17 of 52
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello all,

Can you try removing the stored logins for ReadyNAS' domain  or IP address from the Windows credential manager? Then test again.

Regards,

Message 18 of 52
IT-SW
Guide

I have tried this and also has not fixed the problem 😞

Message 19 of 52
coalition
Tutor

I too am having problems with ReadyCloud Client V 1.2

I just installed this on three laptops.  One works fine the other two will install and connect ok, but when I click the blue folder it doesn't open the windows explorer link.

Please update the software or send out a workaround.

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 20 of 52
scravatt
Apprentice

so..what's the status on fixing this bug? A lot of users are having problems with the windows readycloud app not connecting consistently

Message 21 of 52
wolfie111
Guide

Hi,

I have a similar situation. New RN516 installed a week ago, fully accessible via network and ReadyCloud. Suddenly, can't connect to "services' on cloud tab, shows I'm connected to Internet. Also can't connect to ReadyCloud/Netgear, unit discovered but shows offline and can't see shares.

Using static IP outside DHCP on router, inside subnet, did it this way with my Ultra6 and it worked for years.

Did as suggested adding DNS server with router IP and magically I was back online. Moments later I was kicked off again. Tried entering Google DNS didn't help. Changed IP to within DHCP range and then I couldn't even get online. Changed back to outside DHCP as was connected to Internet again, but still no services on the cloud tab. Please help, always appreciated.
Message 22 of 52
wolfie111
Guide

To add, I can connect via readycloud app, device list updates and shows RN516 online, selecting it brings me to share list, "connecting" but it never connects and can't see inside the shares.

It seems the share list is outdated though, showing a USB drive share that I connected a couple of days ago but is no longer connected, thus I suppose the list has no updated since the last time I connected. Could this be the problem?

Same if I login to ReadyCloud via browser, RN516 discovered, shows online, but I can't see the shares.

This is one of the main features of readynas, remote access, how can it be not working and no solution?

Please see above post for more details and questions.
Message 23 of 52
GrahamWebb
Aspirant

Hi I am trying to set up readycloud and am having the same issues as described here, I have set up two cloud users and given them access to my share. If I log in using the web portal I can access the shares as any of the users. If I am using v1.12 of the ReadyCloud Desktop App on Windows 7 I can view the shares when logged in as the two users but if I click or double click on the share I want to open nothing happens and I just get a spinning circle. However if I log in to the ReadyCloud app as the using the ReadyCloud admin account the app works fine and it opens up the share as a folder in windows explorer. The fact that the app works when I am logged in as ReadyCloud admin would rule out firewall/software issues on the laptop I am using. Its almost as if there is another permission that needs to be set for the app to work for the users that the admin account has. Thanks Graham
Message 24 of 52
wolfie111
Guide

Hi Graham, welcome!

Here's what worked for me:

I'm not sure how, but I solved the problem.  I think what I did, after trying SO MANY suggestions, was log off all remote, readycloud, admin pages.  Starting with network access to the device, on the cloud tab, turned off readycloud, on the network tab, eth0->gear->settings, I ensured ipv6 was disabled, and on ipv4 tab I removed the DNS of my router, so there were no DNS servers showing.  I then reverted back to the original static IP address outside the DHCP range of my router, within subnet by re-adding that DHCP reservation to the router, using MAC address of the RN516 and my given hostname.  Went back to the network settings ipv4 tab, changed IP back to this value, admin GUI restarted with old IP address and I went to the address bar in my browser, putting the new IP address in.  System logged in, I then added the router IP by adding a DNS server on the ipv4 tab in network settings and turned readycloud back on.  Voila!  Logged back into readycloud and could see all shares.  logged into readycloud via iphone, aslo now able to see and access all shares, stream, download, etc!

The only thing that's still a bit confusing to me, is that although everything seems to be working, on the cloud page in the local admin GUI, Internet still shows with green checkmark, by services stil has the red x!  How can it be now that I'm accessing all files from all devices?

I'm still a little concerned that the original NETGEAR account shows the original hostname (device ID) of my readynas despite my changing it.

Any suggestions?

Graham, these last 2 questions have yet to be answered, the service on the Cloud tab still show the red X yet they are working.  I'd still like to hear comments from the community about how that might be fixed and why it is showing not connected.

Also, you might try turning off your global SMB (or other servcie) thats problematic, and turn it back on.  This was another issue that I needed to resolve after the process above because my ReadyNas was no longer showing in my network in explorer and I than couldnt access it via the network.  All solved now.

Good Luck!

Message 25 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements