× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

8th Channel not able to be viewed on PC desktop program

Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

8th Channel not able to be viewed on PC desktop program

Hello All,

I just purchased the 8th channel (camera) for ReadyNAS Surveillance on my RN214. The Surveillance Configuration sees the 8th camera. I have fully set it up. It shows that it is live and recording. The recording playback desktop program also sees the camera and allows me to view recordings. I can even see the camera on the iphone app. It is when I use the viewing desktop program for the PC. It also sees the camera but it will not connect to it. Therefore, I can not view it live. In a nut shell, 7 cameras (channels) fully work, it is the 8th camera that works for everything except live viewing on the PC desktop program.

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 8th Channel not able to be viewed on PC desktop program

Hello Alex_CCIM,

Have you tried reinstalling the desktop app? Or, maybe turn off one of the 7 already existing cameras then see if this last one you joined in gets the same results.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

Are the cameras identical? What firmware version does the ReadyNAS have?

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

JennC,

4 cameras are D-Link DSC 5222LB, 4 cameras are D-Link DSC 2330L. The 8th is a 2330L. The RN214 is 6.6.1. I really think it is a bug in the Surveillance PC Remote Live Viewer software. It is version 1.4.0 and copyrighted 2012-2013. I would think that NUUO would have a later version available.

Regards,
-Alex
Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

Have you tried reinstalling the desktop app? Or, maybe turn off one of the 7 already existing cameras then see if this last one you joined in gets the same results.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

JennC,

I have changed the cameras around and it is always channel 8.  I can't find the install software to re-install.  Can you provide a link?

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Alex_CCIM,

It can be downloaded from ReadyNAs Surveillance downloads.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Good news!  I was able to fix the problem by installing the software on another company.  It worked at the 2nd computer.  Knowing that, I un-installed the software from my system, I re-installed it.  I deleted the Server from the software configuration and re-installed the Server settings.  After all of that, I was able to pull up the 8th channel.  I appreciate your help.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements