× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DokuWiki installation not quite complete on RN102

hansmuster
Aspirant

DokuWiki installation not quite complete on RN102

DokuWiki is one of the apps included with the RN102 (and other models, I presume). It's a nice little Wiki with a small feature set and you'll be up and running  in  no time.

However, the installation as performed by the RN102 in the apps panel will not be quite complete. You will see no admin button, can not add any users and will be confronted with a long list of updates you should apply.

Before using the newly installed DokuWiki you should apply its own installation script. You do so by opening the install.php in your browser. Open this address with your browser: http://192.168.1.67/dokuwiki/install.php (where 192.168.1.67 is the IP address of your RN102).

It took me a while to find out that the install.php was necessary and how to find it. I think it might be useful if  the RN102 could invoke the install.php as part of the installation procedure. 

Message 1 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hansmuster,

Thank you for the feedback.

Hopefully the developer will see this feed back. You can also check their website at https://rnxtras.com/ and see if there is a way to let them know there. ReadyNAS Xtras is one of the app developers registered with NETGEAR.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
hansmuster
Aspirant

JennC - 

I managed to find an eMail address on their web site and submitted a link to this thread. However, I haven't heard of them since.

BTW, this thread in this forum is a direct consequence of the incomplete installation: dokuwiki - no admin button

Kind regards

Hans

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps pm @WhoCares_

Message 4 of 5
hansmuster
Aspirant

I have identified the problem why the DikuWiki would not do what I expected it to. I have applied the solution and now it does. Hence, my problem is solved.

I thought it might be useful for members of the Netgear Community if I gave an abstract of both the problem and the solution; I'l be quite glad if future releases of the NAS did this particular thing right out of the box, but I wouldn't really mind if not.

I'll leave it to someone else to contact the supplier of the software and so on. My own needs are met and the problem is solved, as far as I am concerned.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements