× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear NAS 104 - Factory reset has lost AVAILABLE APPS

BarrieWSmith
Tutor

Netgear NAS 104 - Factory reset has lost AVAILABLE APPS

I just performed a factory reset of my Netgear NAS 104 as I'm putting the box up for sale on eBay. However, somehow the AVAILABLE APPS list is now blank. I don't want to sell it will no available apps to the buyer. How do I restore that list?

Regards

Barrie

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear NAS 104 - Factory reset has lost AVAILABLE APPS

@BarrieWSmith wrote:

I just performed a factory reset of my Netgear NAS 104 as I'm putting the box up for sale on eBay. However, somehow the AVAILABLE APPS list is now blank. I don't want to sell it will no available apps to the buyer. How do I restore that list?

Note they can all be downloaded from apps.readynas.com, so not really a showstopper.

It can take a little while to the list to populate. 

There are some issues with the Netgear repository for 6.10.8 - updating firmware to 6.10.9 might help them show up again.  

Getting some of them install is another matter.  Debian 8 is now archived/obsolete, and there are some changes that need to be made via ssh to access the old libraries.  The first post here tells you what needs to be changed:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@BarrieWSmith wrote:

Note they can all be downloaded from apps.readynas.com, so not really a showstopper.

It can take a little while to the list to populate. 

There are some issues with the Netgear repository for 6.10.8 - updating firmware to 6.10.9 might help them show up again.  

Getting some of them install is another matter.  Debian 8 is now archived/obsolete, and there are some changes that need to be made via ssh to access the old libraries.  The first post here tells you what needs to be changed:

Message 2 of 4
BarrieWSmith
Tutor

Many thanks. I manually downloaded 6.10.9 and installed it. Curiously the automatic check for 6.10.9 didn't find anything and told me IU had the latest version 6.10.8. However, installing 6.10.9 resolved the issue and restored my list of installable apps.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@BarrieWSmith wrote:

Curiously the automatic check for 6.10.9 didn't find anything

6.10.9 was just released - Netgear generally waits a while before they push out a new update.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements