× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to update or uninstall apps

MadWhack
Aspirant

Unable to update or uninstall apps

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the nas world. I am currently unable to uninstall or update apps.

Uninstall: Unable to uninstall transmissions by nastools
Update: Unable to update Plex or Sickrage

I'm using a Readynas214
I've tried reinstalling the readynas OS, turning off AV, turning off all apps and that's pretty much it. Is there anyway to manually uninstall apps?
When I try to update Plex it looks like it's trying to uninstall tranmission first.
Won't let me attach zipped logs..

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Unable to update or uninstall apps

@MadWhack wrote:

Won't let me attach zipped logs..

Correct.  There is some stuff in them that it is best not to post publicly (your public IP address for instance).

If a Mod asks to see them, they can either be emailed to Netgear, or a dropbox, google drive, etc link can be sent to them.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MadWhack wrote:

When I try to update Plex it looks like it's trying to uninstall tranmission first.

You could try seeing if you can install Transmission by nastools over the top of itself then try uninstalling it again.

Did you check volume.log for the 4GB root volume usage (both human readable space usage and inode usage)?

You can send in your logs if you like (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 3 of 4
MadWhack
Aspirant

Thanks bud, rinstalling the transmission nastool from a deb file allowed me to do my app updates. Still can't get rid of that app per se but it's not a big deal.

Cheers

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements