× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Videos for Photos2

vin100
Aspirant

Videos for Photos2

I know it sounds ridiculous, but hear me out 😉

next to all the photo's i have from all my (photo) shooting sessions, i also recorded a lot of movies. For me they are part of the overall experience so it would be most logical to also have them in the photos2. Should i compare photos2 to iphoto, i would definitely choose for photos2, but iphoto has the ability to also show videos.

so here's my feature request for version 1.0.5: Can we have the ability to view/add/etc video's to albums?
Message 1 of 14
demusss1
Aspirant

I would also like some video ability in Photos II
Message 2 of 14
Blues11
Luminary

I've been using vimeo for my videos because it works well for me and has good security/privacy settings.

It would be nice to have the option to host my own videos, though. I know that displaying video is a huge leap in complexity from just showing still images and playing sound. However, it would be nice to have this capability.

Long story short: +1 🙂
Message 3 of 14
yoh-dah
Guide

+1 😎
Message 4 of 14
calvinhoppes
Aspirant

My vote for this feature, too.
Message 5 of 14
KidSquid
Aspirant

Count me in as Interested. +1
Message 6 of 14
NASguru
Apprentice

I'm actually surprise it wasn't carried over from RN Photo I, but suspect it's not as easy as it may seem. Either way, I love to have this added as well. Right now, I'm hosting my vidoes locally under a shared listing for family/friends.
Message 7 of 14
viperhansa
Virtuoso

+1
Good idea!

Another idea is to be able to upload directly to the NAS instead of passing netgear.... Should save alot of time and problems...
Message 8 of 14
yoh-dah
Guide

viperhansa wrote:
Another idea is to be able to upload directly to the NAS instead of passing netgear.... Should save alot of time and problems...

You are uploading directly to the ReadyNAS. Nothing during the upload process goes through NETGEAR, other than authentication.
Message 9 of 14
KidSquid
Aspirant

viperhansa wrote:
+1

I think what he meant was the ability to drag the images into folders via a share versus needing to use the HTML front end to add photos to the galleries.
Message 10 of 14
Deb_B
Aspirant

Yes, I thought video was available, but find it isn't. Other companies offer this with their photo hosting.... it would be good to see it added....
Message 11 of 14
hardkjerne
Aspirant

I was surprised to see that this was not included already when I bought my Readynas a few weeks ago. Hope this will be implemented.
Message 12 of 14
viperhansa
Virtuoso

No News or updates on this?
Message 13 of 14
rc3675
Aspirant

+1 from me too. This would be very useful.
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements