× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Application Not supported On Your Device [Galaxy TAB 2]

stormweaver
Tutor

Application Not supported On Your Device [Galaxy TAB 2]

Hi Folks,

I recently bought a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet. Delighted to see there is an app (ReadyNAS Remote Android) to allow me to access the files on my ReadyNAS Pro, disappointed that when I try and install the application via google play on my Tablet I get a message saying the applicaiton is not supported on my device (I have Android 4.1.1 installed).

Is this just a case that my device \ Android version is not supported but could be at some point in the future, or is there another issue. Any help gratefully recieved.
Message 1 of 5
ctc2
Aspirant

let's hope Netgear get's their act together, I have the same problem on a Nexus 7 tablet since July.
Message 2 of 5
gibxxi
Guide

I think the current ReadyNAS Remote Android software only supports phone sized displays. I looked for it on my Nexus and had the same issue as ctc, and came to this conclusion.

Astro File Manager / AndFTP / File Expert Android apps will do the same thing as ReadyNAS Remote (albeit differently), and will serve as a stopgap until ReadyNAS Remote is updated, but some of these apps require purchasing.
Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

I use ES File explorer, which is free and gives me access via FTP.
Message 4 of 5
stormweaver
Tutor

Many thanks folks. I guess we stay tuned for news on ReadyNAS Remote relase which supports our tablets then.

Dear ReadyNAS Remote folks - any idea when we can expect ReadyNAS Remote for Android with tablet support? Come on now I know you want to tell us....
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements