× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Jonny555
Aspirant

I figured it out. The same problem as with my FTP server occured; in the sharelist i needed to click advanced, and then hard-set the owner and group to nobody and nogroup. Then all started working.
Message 426 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

I will publish a new beta
Message 427 of 921
MALmen
Aspirant

I got some problems with Transmission on my Ultra2 x86 readynas. When i install it report that "there was an error during installation" but i still works and it shows up in frontview and i can start it. But the big problem is that i wont autostart on reboot. I have to manually start it everytime. Any suggestions? This is a clean install of latest version on latest firmware
Message 428 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

yjb wrote:
Might be worth checking the permissions on the email_alert script. My emails were initially not working either until I found out that the script didn't have execute permissions.

chmod 755 /addons-config/Transmission/email_alert

Did the trick for me.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you and did I remember to say Thank you??
😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄
Message 429 of 921
vspb
Aspirant

Super-poussin, when adding a torrent with private trackers via the web interface nothing is added. In support of the transmission people say that we must put the file cookies.txt in the directory configuration. I tried, but unfortunately the torrent and not added. Will this work on readynas ulta and if it is in which directory to put the file cookies.txt?
Message 430 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

vspb wrote:
Super-poussin, when adding a torrent with private trackers via the web interface nothing is added. In support of the transmission people say that we must put the file cookies.txt in the directory configuration. I tried, but unfortunately the torrent and not added. Will this work on readynas ulta and if it is in which directory to put the file cookies.txt?

reading the patch source , it should be I think in : /c/addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon#

cheers
Message 431 of 921
vspb
Aspirant

Thanks, now works!
Message 432 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

vspb wrote:
Thanks, now works!

you're welcome
Message 433 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

I have just updated to Raidiator beta 4.1.8 T5 to re enable Time Machine support for Lion 10.7.

Transmission no longer works though. I was using v2.11 to comply with a private tracker rules.

I tried re-installing v2.11 but Frontview gives me a 'this addin is not supported by this architecture' error. (error message not accurate as doing from memory).

Any ideas?

Thanks guys
Message 434 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

roostar : try the last 2.33 version it should work 🙂

take a look on a post above regarding cookie.txt it will help with private trackers (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41756&p=314056#p313927)
Message 435 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:

take a look on a post above regarding cookie.txt it will help with private trackers (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41756&p=314056#p313927)

Hi super

Does the cookie thing spoof the client version from 2.33 to 2.11?

If so, that would be a considered a bann-able offence by the torrent site! :slap:
Message 436 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

roostaar wrote:
super-poussin wrote:

Hi super

If so, that would be a considered a bann-able offence by the torrent site! :slap:

no it did not spoof only add cookies support if you put your trackers cookies in it

if you need a 2.11 I will try to make a compatible version with 4.1.8
Message 437 of 921
smcbee
Aspirant

I just installed 4.1.8 T-5 and I have Transmission 2.33 installed, but it will not start at all. Any ideas?

--Nevermind... I reinstalled 2.33 and it seems to be working. Any idea why my web interface would totally refuse to EVER work, though?
Message 438 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Re: Re: New Transmission add-on thread

super-poussin wrote:

Where can I find 2.33?
Message 439 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
roostaar wrote:
super-poussin wrote:

Hi super

no it did not spoof only add cookies support if you put your trackers cookies in it

if you need a 2.11 I will try to make a compatible version with 4.1.8

If you could make 2.11 compatible, I would be happy to donate another 5 Euro! 🙂

If it's a boat load of work though, don't worry. I'm sure the beta will be updated soon enough and 2.11 will become compatible again.
Message 440 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

Re: Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Andreas75k wrote:
super-poussin wrote:

Where can I find 2.33?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24271
Message 441 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

Re: Re: Re: New Transmission add-on thread

roostaar wrote:
Andreas75k wrote:
super-poussin wrote:

Where can I find 2.33?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24271

Thanks, but already checked there and latest version there is 2.32 b02...
Message 442 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

OK, I have tried all Transmission versions listed on the Transmission add-on page and all return the error,

"Update file is not valid for this architecture."

I cannot see v2.33 there though.

It must be a problem with the beta 4.1.8-T5 radiator though...
Message 443 of 921
Andreas75k
Aspirant

roostaar wrote:
OK, I have tried all Transmission versions listed on the Transmission add-on page and all return the error,

"Update file is not valid for this architecture."

I cannot see v2.33 there though.

It must be a problem with the beta 4.1.8-T5 radiator though...

I searched and found 2.33 here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=55169&p=312878#p312878
Message 444 of 921
roostaar
Aspirant

Cheers for this.

I installed v2.11 via ssh and all working again.

Thank you

🙂
Message 445 of 921
coreyinoz
Tutor

abzinth wrote:
I resolved the "permission denied" issue by simply disable the incomplete folder. In settings.json I changed to:
"incomplete-dir": "/c/media/BitTorrent",
and
"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,

works fine

What he said.

I was bashing my head against the wall with this error until I found this post. Stopped service, commented out the incomplete folder, restarted, presto.

Oh yeah - Transmission GUI is indispensable for those coming from uTorrent 😄
Message 446 of 921
Helljumper230
Aspirant

I am new to the ReadyNAS community but I have used Transmission previously on my Western Digital.

One of the features I love here is changing my default download directory. This is especially important since I changed the default Shares and no longer have a "c".

I changed the directory in preferences from "/c/Media/Bitorrent" to "/Public/Imports/Torrents" which is the exact path I would like downloads to go to and that directory exists.

However every time I start a torrent after a minute or two it says "Error: No such file or directory (/Public/Imports/Torrents/Rad/Rad.1986.xvid.avi)"
I assume Transmission is having trouble creating files on my share, do I need to enable Transmission as a user or something like that?

This is on a ReadyNAS Ultra 6 running RAIDiator 4.2.19-T4

Any tips are appreciated.
Message 447 of 921
Blues11
Luminary

Installation not working

When I go to the Add-ons and click “Installed” it says “No add-on packages are currently installed.”

So after downloading transmission, I first click on to “Add New” from the Add-ons menu. I select “Transmission_2.33.02.bin” and click on “Install.” But I get the message “Installation of this add-on conflicts with an existing service. Aborting installation.”

What could be causing this problem and what can I do about it?

Thank you.

BTW, I’m running RAIDiator 4.2.17 on a ReadyNAS Pro Business.
Message 448 of 921
Pip_Jones
Aspirant

Help - "Port is closed"

Hi, apologies if this has been posted / resolved before - if it has, I can't find the solution!

I'm using:
ReadyNAS Duo with RAIDiator 4.1.7 [1.00a043] with IP 192.168.0.2
Transmission. P2P Client v2.33
NetGear DGN3500 router

DGN3500 Router is configured with:
Service called "Transmission", type "TCP/UDP", ports 60000 - 65535
Firewall outbound rule ALLOW always, Transmission service, Any LAN, Any WAN
Firewall inbound rule ALLOW always, Transmission service, LAN 192.168.0.2, Any WAN

I can access the Transmission web interface without issue.
I can add torrents without issue

The problem is that the torrents will not download, or connect to anything.

From the Web UI, the preferences / network tab is reporting:
- Peer Communication: Enable Micro Transport Protocol (uTP) is Enabled
- Peer listening port: Incoming TCP Port: 61413 "Port is closed"

What am I doing wrong? Please help ...
Message 449 of 921
silvercue
Aspirant

Transmission installed and doesn;t work.

Torrents download for 1-2 minute sthen error: permission denied and they go to "paused". They cannot be restarted by c licking "resume"

Now I can't even access the transmission interface as it says "server not responding" yet the NAS is working fine.

I see that other people have had permission denied before - but i can't get in to try anything.

Any ideas?

Latest NAS firmware and tranmission client.
Message 450 of 921
Announcements