× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

PatrikL wrote:
Just installed 2.41 and it has been up for a full 10 minutes. This is compared to less than a minute before it crashed (using the same torrents) so something has definately been done 🙂
2.41? Link? 🙂
Message 526 of 921
PatrikL
Aspirant

Frontview told me it was available as an update, in the web GUI that is. It installed without any issues.

Havent seen anything about it here though.
Message 527 of 921
enkrypt3d
Tutor

sjw wrote:
PatrikL wrote:
Just installed 2.41 and it has been up for a full 10 minutes. This is compared to less than a minute before it crashed (using the same torrents) so something has definately been done 🙂
2.41? Link? 🙂

yea just click update in frontview in the addon screen..... very easy
Message 528 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

enkrypt3d wrote:

It may be 'very easy' but I always waited until I saw it here before installing. Anyone know why it's not there?
I don't recall the update option but, since I had to go back to 2.11, there isn't an update option anyway..
Message 529 of 921
enkrypt3d
Tutor

sjw wrote:
enkrypt3d wrote:

It may be 'very easy' but I always waited until I saw it here before installing. Anyone know why it's not there?
I don't recall the update option but, since I had to go back to 2.11, there isn't an update option anyway..

if you click "more info" its in that list...... in the addon list......
Message 530 of 921
sjw
Aspirant
Aspirant

enkrypt3d wrote:
Services - Installed Add-ons and go to Transmission? No 'update' option that I can see....
Message 531 of 921
enkrypt3d
Tutor

sjw wrote:
enkrypt3d wrote:
Services - Installed Add-ons and go to Transmission? No 'update' option that I can see....

I guess its a new feature..
Message 532 of 921

After trying to update transmission via. frontview i’m not able to reinstall it, how do I do what I have quoted below here?

super-poussin wrote:
edit /etc/default/services and remove all TRANSMISSION reference

please backup the file first

EDIT:
Ok, I figured it out. Yeah! 😄

Does anyone have any idea why I can't upgrade to 2.41.00 through frontview?

EDIT 2:
Somehow i managed to update to 2.41.00, now i get the download speeds I want, but transmission crashes after a few minutes, any ideas? I’m using a ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus
Message 533 of 921
dsm1212
Apprentice

I updated to 2.41 via frontview on a pro 6 and transmission says it is 2.41 now, but frontview still says 2.40.02 and 2.41 is available. Addon bug?

Haven't tried to transfer anything yet.

steve
Message 534 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

It could be a bug in the addon, when updating to 2.40.03 it also thought it had updated to 2.40.02 and thus had a new update available...

I just updated to 2.41.00 and everything seems fine, so I guess it is fixed now
Message 535 of 921

JarnoG wrote:
It could be a bug in the addon, when updating to 2.40.03 it also thought it had updated to 2.40.02 and thus had a new update available...

I just updated to 2.41.00 and everything seems fine, so I guess it is fixed now

No problems with transmission randomly stopping?
Message 536 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

Nope. I had a few problems at the beginning (several months back, i think I had v2.31 back then or so), but once I fiddled a bit with the configuration everything worked fine. I think I did most of the configuring using Transmission Remote GUI, not manually editing the settings.json file.
Message 537 of 921
PatrikL
Aspirant

sveinemonster wrote:
No problems with transmission randomly stopping?

I had issues with it crashing frequently (seems to be on specific torrents) before with 2.34 (beta something) and so far 2.41 has behaved very nicely without a single crash so far.
Message 538 of 921
MarAri
Aspirant

sveinemonster wrote:
After trying to update transmission via. frontview i’m not able to reinstall it, how do I do what I have quoted below here?

super-poussin wrote:
edit /etc/default/services and remove all TRANSMISSION reference

please backup the file first

EDIT:
Ok, I figured it out. Yeah! 😄

Does anyone have any idea why I can't upgrade to 2.41.00 through frontview?

EDIT 2:
Somehow i managed to update to 2.41.00, now i get the download speeds I want, but transmission crashes after a few minutes, any ideas? I’m using a ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus

How did you fix it?
Message 539 of 921
dsm1212
Apprentice

I'm not the poster above, but I did the update and afterwards it said the old version still on front view. But when I went into the transmission web ui there is an about entry in the menu that indicates it is the new version. A day or so later the frontview UI showed 2.41. Probably a browser cache issue or something.
Message 540 of 921
JarnoG
Guide

For everyone using Transmission Remote dotNet, a new version is out fixing the unknown status problem. It can be found here.
Message 541 of 921
GJSchaller
Guide

I concur - 2.41 has been stable as steel for me - no issues since it came out. Lesson learned - don't update to Betas. 🙂
Message 542 of 921
baygacon
Aspirant

Hmm i don't like how my shares get messed up when I install transmission (and other add ons) - I did a factory reset and I haven't installed any add ons for this reason unless 2.41 doesn't have this issue?
Message 543 of 921
dgerson76
Aspirant

Ok, I've read through the thread and still dont understand where to find 2.41. I am running 2.34b04, and it seems to just act weird. It downloads some torrents, doesn't start others, downloads slow, and only connects to a few peers. I have not seen behavior like this in the past.

Some have spoke about an upgrade in Frontview, but I am not seeing any upgrade options. Running 4.1.8.

Any help appreciated.

thx
Message 544 of 921
AndreaS54
Aspirant

dgerson76 wrote:
Ok, I've read through the thread and still dont understand where to find 2.41. I am running 2.34b04, and it seems to just act weird. It downloads some torrents, doesn't start others, downloads slow, and only connects to a few peers. I have not seen behavior like this in the past.

Some have spoke about an upgrade in Frontview, but I am not seeing any upgrade options. Running 4.1.8.

Any help appreciated.

thx

As far as I can understand:
- The update opttion in frontwiew is available only for x86 based models.
- Even the 2.41 release is available only for x86 models. The latest available for sparc is 2.40b03 that you can download copyng the address from any download link and modifying the filename accordingly
Message 545 of 921
dented
Aspirant

piepskie wrote:
Oke, i am banging my head, crying my eyes out and so on. Shortly: i am lost.
I have the readynas ultra 6, raider 4.2.19 in combination with macbook air.

I fresly installed the add-on transmission, did the update and now i want to use the version 2.40.02.
I did not change any settings, just tried to start a download. I go to transmission via raid-ar>add-on>transmission interface.
I opened a torrentfile, and then after a while (this differs from time to time and can be after completing 5,7,21,53,72%)i get the error: permission denied

After pressing resume, i get another error: Error: No Data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Set Location". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.

I have read a lot of posts on the permission denied problem but none solved my problem. I do not know what is wrong, can someone please help me?

I get exactly the same problem and setup as you and it is driving me mad so I will use another torrent app for now. Anyone found out what the issue is? Shame as transmission has some really nice features..
Message 546 of 921
mateuszwdowiak
Aspirant

I still have the same problem... No matter which version of Transmission i use, while seeding i can only see 0 or 1 peer available. When seeding the same torrent using uTorrent on PC there are at least 15 pears available. Do you have any idea why this is happening?
Message 547 of 921
skvm
Aspirant

I also am seeing this permission issue! - old Pro, recent .19 facotry and reinstall of Transmission - also upgrade to .41, shows .34 on reboot though. interface still appears to be .41
Message 548 of 921
Chod
Aspirant

Just installed latest Radiator 4.1.8 on a NV+ with latest Transmission 2.42 (released today) and get:

Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Free swap = 419008kB
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Total swap = 767904kB
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Free swap: 419008kB
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: 14141 pages of RAM
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: 216 free pages
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Out of Memory: Kill process 3033 (transmission-da) score 43330 and children.
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 3033 (transmission-da).
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 3034 (transmission-da).
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 3035 (transmission-da).
Oct 31 22:38:04 netgear kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 3036 (transmission-da).

I was running a single torrent which was downloading for about 5 mins and then the crash. I tried restarting and it just happened again.

My NV+ is stock standard, no memory upgrades. Should I be used .42 or should i be using this lite version i hear so much about? I did not modify any settings after the install, everything is right though. The defaults always worked in the past. Should i disable the blacklist? DHT?

Any help appreciated.

Edit* I should mention the only add ons i am running are transmission. The only file sharing protocol is CIFS and everything else works fine. Not sure if any of this makes a difference.
Message 549 of 921
AndreaS54
Aspirant

I have a duo with 1 Gb ram and latest radiator. With peer exchange and dht disabled now I have a max cpu usage of 26%. I was often over 90% with the previous versions.
Message 550 of 921
Announcements