× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Have you tried a different browser? I had tried with Google chrome and I had crashing issue installing transmission so I used IE and it installed fine. As for private trackers I have gave up no-one seems to solve tht problem all the transmission issue started when I updated to 4.1.17 RAIDator
Message 576 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Um, what issue? I've been using transmission 2.42 on a few private trackers, and aside from it getting nowhere near the speeds i get from uTorrent on the PC, it does just what it's supposed to...
Hardware: NV+ with 1GB ram
Transmission: 2.42

B!
Message 577 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Mr_B wrote:
Um, what issue? I've been using transmission 2.42 on a few private trackers, and aside from it getting nowhere near the speeds i get from uTorrent on the PC, it does just what it's supposed to...
Hardware: NV+ with 1GB ram
Transmission: 2.42

B!

I kept getting Transmission Scrape Eroor: Could not connect to tracker. My brother in law's NAS(different house same ReadyNAS Duo) can connect to the tracker but not my NAS. I looked at the settings and it seems that my port is closed. I have opened the port in the router and still states closed. I've tried every version of transmission and none of them work at all! I have not changed any of the file settings.

The tracker is up and running.

Please help. On the latestRAIDiator 4.1.8 [1.00a043].
Message 578 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Of the top of my head i'd say it's a connectivity issue, rather then a issue with the NAS it self. Hardly fun, but just to make sure i'd start with the router. I use uPnP, so i haven't even configured ports. See if you cant set yours to uPnP, and then jump in to transmission, and do it there to.
BTW, you, and your brother are accessing the same tracker? Have you checked with the "staff" to make sure they don't enforce limits of some kind? The tracker might not like the two of you trying to seed and leech torrents at the same time, from different identities, if it thinks your coming from the same place. (same IP) Also if thats the case, then shutting your bro of over night, and then trying yours before his, with a fresh torrent, should get you going, and give him the same error message. Also i know at least one tracker i had to switch from "secure" login to "normal", to let the NAS do the torrents. In my profiles that was mentioned as needed to log in from multiple locations, but on the tracker forum it was also mentioned as needed for seedboxes. Apparently, even as the NAS is on my private net, it needed that setting, on that tracker. None of the other trackers have needed anything similar. But i'm all alone on my subnet, so to speak.
B!
Message 579 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

I use uTorrent on the PC that's works fine on the private torrent I have told me brother to try his off and I still can't access it. I have uPnP on but I can't configure the ports for that in my Netgears WNDR3300. Me and my brother have different IDs. Where in transmission do u set up uPnP. I am a Techincian person.
Message 580 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

I THINK uPnP is labeled "use port forwarding from my router" under network in preferences, or you simply use transmission remote dot net, where it's on the general tab of Options/remote settings.

In the router it's Advanced/uPnP and a checkbox for "Turn uPnP on"

If your torrents run of uTorrent while your bro runs them of the NAS then you should be able to get it to run of the NAS to. Check your profile on the tracker, and / or ask the crew for ideas, see if they know what it can be related to. As i said, i had a similar issue where the tracker wouldn't accept my NAS until i switched to a different security setting on the tracker. Cant for the life of me remember the error message.
B!
Message 581 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

My brother is in a different house. I wan to download the torrents while my computer is off and my NAS is downloading the torrent while I am away from the computer while it is turned off.
Message 582 of 921
santa1
Aspirant

Hi,

I'am running RAIDiator 4.1.7 and Transmission v2.42 and it's still eating up all the memory, even when i only have one active torrent. Is there any fix for this?
Message 583 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

I managed to get Transmission working by a simple change of my Static IP address. However problems still occurring it seems to crash every now and again.
Message 584 of 921
adambuzza
Aspirant

I have installed transmission 2.42 on a new NV+ (having never used it before).
I get the interface for "adding a torrent", but I get a blank for the "transmission interface". Anyone seen this issue before? :?
Message 585 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Quick question. Are you using the right password? The interface uses password1 for pass as default, while the "create torrent" use the NAS login credentials. Took me a while to figure out why the link to create torrents didn't work...
B!
Message 586 of 921
adambuzza
Aspirant

good question, i get a password popup for the "create torrent", but no password pop up for the "trasnmission interface" just a blank window the same size as the "create torrent" window.
Message 587 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

You should be getting a password request for both windows. My advice would be to uninstall transmission, and reinstall it, but thats only coz i have no idea how to make it behave in the first place. There might be a "right" way to do it.
B!
Message 588 of 921
adambuzza
Aspirant

hmm, turned it off and on again a few time, turned the addons off and on again...... now the transmission interface comes up (and its password popup). Happy that it has started up, but anoyed also becuase i don't know what was wrong.
Message 589 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Is anyone having problems with it going inactive after a few mins after booting it on?
Message 590 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

Deaf, not behaving like that here. Does it behave the same way regardless of how many torrents you got active? (how many do you have in transmission?)
B!
Message 591 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Mr_B wrote:
Deaf, not behaving like that here. Does it behave the same way regardless of how many torrents you got active? (how many do you have in transmission?)
B!

I only have one active torrent.
Message 592 of 921
Mr_B
Guide

I was thinking along the lines of it running out of memory due to to many active torrents, or something, but thats hardly the case then. Sorry, no idea.
B!
Message 593 of 921
Cromm
Aspirant

There's another thread on that topic and the recommendation is to change the default-cache size from 200 down to 8 or less.
Message 594 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Cromm wrote:
There's another thread on that topic and the recommendation is to change the default-cache size from 200 down to 8 or less.

Is that aim at me?
Message 595 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

Deaf_Raiders wrote:
Cromm wrote:

Is that aim at me?

I suppose that post was aimed at me and i changed the config file and it worked 🙂 Cheers all good now 😄
Message 596 of 921
Cromm
Aspirant

Deaf_Raiders wrote:
Deaf_Raiders wrote:
Cromm wrote:

Is that aim at me?

I suppose that post was aimed at me and i changed the config file and it worked 🙂 Cheers all good now 😄

Yep sorry should have quoted on the previous reply. Fixed mine issue with it too, so I figured I'd spread the info around.....now if only I could
get iTunes 10.5 to see the iTunes server (1.0.3) for more then 5sec and I'd be good.
Message 597 of 921
Deaf_Raiders1
Aspirant

I had that issue too I changed my NAS IP address and then updated my iTunes to see it.
Message 598 of 921
ngalarneau
Aspirant

I'm getting an error on the Arm version of Transmission:

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Any have any idea how to add my IP to the whitelist or disable it?
Message 599 of 921
WhoCares_
Mentor

What is your IP address, are you trying to access Transmission web interface from outside your LAN?

-Stefan
Message 600 of 921
Announcements