× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PIWIGO setup?

axg20202
Aspirant

PIWIGO setup?

I've just downloaded (paid for) this add-on only to discover that there are zero installation instructions provided. The Piwigo website instructions don't seem to be relevant as they assume you will be running a server on your PC or using some 3rd party hosting. Surely the Addon version is intended to allow the ReadyNAS to act as the server? If so, how the hell is it configured?

Please can someone post some instructions on how to get started with this?
Message 1 of 15
gwip0102
Aspirant

Im in the same boat.

Any help gratefully appreciated
Message 2 of 15
super_poussin
Virtuoso

to set ip up simply click on the launch button , you will have setup page

database is piwigo
database user is root without password

Those info should be on genie, they are not ?
Message 3 of 15
gwip0102
Aspirant

Thanks for the information. I now Have the app running and can create the albums.

I couldn't find any information on genie regarding PIWIGO - if it exists its not easy to find.

My next issue is how do I make the PIWIGO pages visible online? I can see them from my network but want them viewable from the web. Is this something I need to configure in Piwigo, On the RN104 or via another app?

Thanks again for the support
Message 4 of 15
axg20202
Aspirant

Installing the add-on seems to take an endless time. I think it gets stuck in the process. Man, using the Genie service is liking travelling back in time to web 1.0. Look, feel and functionality are pure 1992.
Message 5 of 15
chirpa
Luminary

axg20202 wrote:
Man, using the Genie service is liking travelling back in time to web 1.0. Look, feel and functionality are pure 1992.
+500
Message 6 of 15
axg20202
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
to set ip up simply click on the launch button , you will have setup page

database is piwigo
database user is root without password

Those info should be on genie, they are not ?

Well, that's two of the installation entries, what about the rest? I tried these and it just says cannot connect to server. Should it be set to localhost? Honestly, I appreciate your hard work S-P but what is the point in providing an add-on with zero instructions on how to get started with it? Please, can you post the setup instructions here in full?

And, again, dear Netgear, your Genie service sucks the sweat from a dead dogs balls.....easily the most annoying, outdated, slow and generally cheap-ass e-commerce system I have used in the last 10 years of using the internet. Get it together for Pete's sake.
Message 7 of 15
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Piwigo For R6 :

Port used is : 7091 for http
https access can be used : https://localhost/apps/piwigo/index.php

By default database created at install step is piwigo
Mysql user is root without password

for the rest it follow Piwigo statndard installation process
Message 8 of 15
axg20202
Aspirant

Thanks. So does that mean I simply enter "localhost" in the Host field, root for the username, blank password and database name, and then any entries I like for webmaster username and password etc? If so, I still get a Cannot connect to server message. I am trying to access it inside my LAN, so I should not have to use any port forwarding etc yet.

Message 9 of 15
super_poussin
Virtuoso

PIWIGO setup?

Put piwigo in database name
Message 10 of 15
axg20202
Aspirant

No joy. still does not work even after adding in the database name. Cannot connect to server. I am running a Duo V2 on latest firmware if that makes any difference. I have PhP5 v5.3.10-arm-4.1.1 running.
Message 11 of 15
super_poussin
Virtuoso

PIWIGO setup?

CAN you ensure MySQL is running ?

For example enable readynas photo first, or try to install mysqlon
Message 12 of 15
axg20202
Aspirant

OK, go it working by starting Photo II add-on. Again, it would have been useful to have this information in a small setup guide.

Other information that is still needed is how to make the albums accessible externally. It is not straightforward. Any advice on this? The port you mentioned is open in my router but no access is possible. Also, users are not receiving their logon details by email, despite checking this option when creating the users.

Also, re your link for access - surely it should contain the port number too? (although this does not work, I just tried it).

I can appreciate that some config details are buried at the Piwigo site, but I just want to get a basic setup going without having to become an expert in the app development or mysql etc. Come on mate, these are basic setup instructions and it feels like im dragging the information out of you sentence by sentence!
Message 13 of 15
m1sterd
Tutor

Is it possible to have Piwigo use the photos already on the NAS that have been put into the Photo Share, ideally I dont want to have to replicate all my photos again?.
Message 14 of 15
moegrease
Aspirant

m1sterd wrote:
Is it possible to have Piwigo use the photos already on the NAS that have been put into the Photo Share, ideally I dont want to have to replicate all my photos again?.

Does anyone have a reply to this? is there a way to point piwigo to a (lets called it) "my pictures" folder insted of ./gallery/? and if so how? step by step please!
Thanks
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements