× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN31600 LOST SHARES

craigat
Aspirant

RN31600 LOST SHARES

PLEASE HELP

HOW DO I RESTORE LOST SHARES ON MY RN31600  ??

I TURNED ON VIRUS SCAN,... IT CRASHED MY RN31600.... RE STARTED IT (FULL POWER CYCLE) & THE SHARES ARE GONE!

NOW THE RN31600 SAYS 2/3rds of my RN31600 is empty... it was at ~80% before

THANKS

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I suggest contacting support via my.netgear.com.  Data recovery will probably be needed.  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

Another option would be to connect the disks to a PC (sata or via a USB dock) and see if ReclaiMe sees the missing files ( https://www.reclaime.com/ )

Message 2 of 4
craigat
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen for the advice... I'm a pro Software Dev (28 yrs experience) myself & sure wouldnt charge for the initial inspection. This has happened thru no fault of my own!  Netgear software is the worst quality I've ever seen... Just read the release notes to see how little testing is done.

I cant justify those prices so I guess I've lost it all..   $200 [(US$ I assume) is over 2 weeks food for my household]... & thats per hr!

Cheers

Craig

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@craigat wrote:

I'm a pro Software Dev (28 yrs experience) myself

If you have linux skills, you could enable ssh and attempt more troubleshooting from the linux command line.  Downloading the log zip file, and looking at the details in there might also give you some clues as to what happened.

@craigat wrote:

I cant justify those prices so I guess I've lost it all..   $200 [(US$ I assume) is over 2 weeks food for my household]... & thats per hr!

ReclaiMe is a fixed price recovery product, so you could try that one.  The download is free, so you'd have some idea about what it could recover before purchasing it.  Actual recovery would require purchase.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements