× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remote client for Linux

laksmkk
Aspirant

+1 for linux
Message 26 of 48
alexofindy
Aspirant

definitely need a linux client, GUI nice, but command line certainly adequate
Message 27 of 48
CheckTheRhaim
Aspirant

Do we have some news about that ?
Message 28 of 48
stretchjr
Aspirant

Add me too...I have 3 Netgear NAS units. Readynas Remote for Linux should have been a given..
Message 29 of 48
oldmotem
Aspirant

I'd use a remote client on Linux/Ubuntu/Gnome if one were available. I have VISTA, WIN7, UBU all networked on the same segment,
but also have various PCs hooked up remotely at times. XP, XP PRO also included on the list of systems remotely connected.

I can access the NAS shares when PCs are on the same network segment locally. That just works. It would be nice to be able to
remotely do the same thing (although more slowly).
Message 30 of 48
pdharg1
Aspirant

Yet another Vote. Command line or ssh would be a great start.

Is there any way at all of gaining remote access to a Ready Duo from a Linux client?
Message 31 of 48
greymont1
Aspirant

Yet another request for a linux ReadyNAS Remote client.
Message 32 of 48
elmacus
Aspirant

+1 . Debian.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Message 33 of 48
orGSD1
Aspirant

I will begrudgingly bump this thread as well. I had a brief exchange with someone from Netgear towards the end of 2010 about at least a command line client. I have not yet had any updates but I did just contact them again seeking an update. This individual has been friendly and helpful in the past.

Cheers,

orGSD
Message 34 of 48
brainjuice
Aspirant

Thinking this is going no where but willing to throw my hat in the ring asking for a Linux (debian Ubuntu for me) client.
Message 35 of 48
Ton1
Aspirant

+1. Ubuntu/Mint.
Message 36 of 48
edalquist
Apprentice

Another vote here. Just getting a CLI client out would be huge. Then you can get help from other folks with wrapping a GUI around it.
Message 37 of 48
mbburgess2008
Aspirant

I would be interested in a Linux version of Remote for Linux (command line or GUI)
Message 38 of 48
sorenfriis
Aspirant

I have had great success in installing OpenVPN on my Ultra2.

It is a much more versatile solution that will even get you access to the rest of your home network.

I followed this guide
http://blog.roychowdhury.org/2011/05/10/adding-a-vpn-server-to-readynas/
Message 39 of 48
chirpa
Luminary

There is a Linux binary for it (such as used on the ReadyNAS). I don't have access to the manual setup steps anymore since I left NTGR, or I'd share it. Maybe cap1 can drop it in here one of these days.
Message 40 of 48
StephenB
Guru

chirpa wrote:
There is a Linux binary for it (such as used on the ReadyNAS). I don't have access to the manual setup steps anymore since I left NTGR, or I'd share it. Maybe cap1 can drop it in here one of these days.
That would be very nice! Looking forward to seeing it.
Message 41 of 48
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

I have been trying to get the manual setup for the Remote on my linux box, but I need to look into it more. I will keep everyone posted once I find out more details.
Message 42 of 48
chirpa
Luminary

Check with cap1, he has all the details, and a .deb file for the p2p agent.

Just a matter of dpkg -i, then copy/config the configuration.xml.
Message 43 of 48
chirpa
Luminary

Okay, well since none of the Jedi's reply on here much anymore, I dug up old emails with some instructions, YMMV.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6ij51 (leafp2p.deb,1.9.9-75)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vhiehc (remote.deb,0.9.9-1)

You will have to do is create an account for your device and update lnconfiguration.xml with this new account for your device.
You can create an account here: https://remote.readynas.com/index.jsp?pid=4

dpkg -i leafp2p.deb
vi /opt/p2p/conf/lnconfiguration.xml // and update the device account you created and change <Settings><Run>1</Run>
vi /opt/p2p/conf/lnservices.lst // and make sure you have remote in the first line
mkdir /opt/p2p/conf/service folder // and add remote.xml file like I have on my machine. <- dont have this, was notes from cap1
mkdir /opt/remote /opt/remote/conf /opt/remote/bin
mv ./remote /opt/remote/bin
// Create a file in /opt/remote/bin/ called remote.sh like I have on my machine. <- dont have this, was notes from cap1
/etc/init.d/leafp2p start
start-stop-daemon -S -b -m --pidfile /var/run/READYNASREMOTE.pid -q -x /opt/remote/bin/remote.sh

You're on your own from there. I stopped using Remote, so don't ask me for help setting it up.
Message 44 of 48
orGSD1
Aspirant

I came into this a bit late. Has anyone got updated links?
I had given up hope and stopped looking for a solution, then today I noticed that I had missed these last few posts...

Cheers,

orGSD
Message 45 of 48
Aluz1
Aspirant

Guys and what about ruining it under wine, citrix, rdp? if you need it for your business....
Message 46 of 48
chirpa
Luminary

I would look at another VPN solution for P2P connection. There is not enough commitment by NTGR to support this function in a reasonable time.
Message 47 of 48
morisod1
Aspirant

Hi folks

+1 :slap:

i'll also appreciate such a GUI
( Ubuntu / Gnome )
greetings
Message 48 of 48
Top Contributors
Discussion stats