× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: [req] Subsonic

dcuellar
Aspirant

I just don't see how this could be affecting it. When I click on update search index now it does it just fine. Why is it a problem when it does it automatically?
Message 101 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

I don't know, I had the same problems before too, but I don't know what fixed it, sorted started working on its own.

you could try uninstalling and then reinstalling 1.8, making sure the memory is set to 500 or 600ish

you can also check the subsonic.log file for any clues
Message 102 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Hey Super,
I'm having an issue with special characters not displaying properly on subsonic. Characters such as accents mainly. (like é)

I'm trying to figure this out on my own but I can't understand what to do. Here is a link to a discussion about how to resolve it on subsonic.org. http://www.activeobjects.no/subsonic/fo ... php?t=4063

The problem is if an artist has one of these characters they will not be included in the list of artists. If an album has one it will not be displayed either, and if a song has one the whole album will not play because of it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly donate for your time in helping solve this.
Message 103 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Subsonic was off again this morning also. I've tried everything. I'm up to 700 on memory now. Really frustrated with everything.
Message 104 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

800 is about where mine stops crashing, but I would not expect that much needed for 12k files.

have you checked the subsonic.log file for any clues as what may be causing crashing?

have you removed subsonic from frontview, rebooted, re-installed?

what version of frontview/raidiator are you running?
Message 105 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Firmware: RAIDiator 4.2.15

I'll try removing subsonic and rebooting, but just so Super knows, it's happening with Airvideo as well.
Message 106 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

I did all of the above. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow morning and so on. Hopefully I can get the issue with the special characters resolved. Do you have this issue Techno?

If I am going to increase it to 800 I think it would be best for me to add memory. Anyone know of compatible memory for the Ultra6+?
Message 107 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

bummer, if its not specific to subsonic, then I wouldn't bother with adjusting the memory more than 800 which worked fine for me on 1gig. It may be something bigger going wrong with raidiator.

yes I have the issue with special characters, http://www.activeobjects.no/subsonic/fo ... highlight=

I would guess that it goes in the subsonic.sh, but better if s-p takes a look at the solution in your thread.
Message 108 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Ok.

What about videos? Are you able to add videos? I don't see the option in this subsonic, but I know it is an option in subsonic, right? I'm only seeing "Add Music Folders"
Message 109 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

nevermind. I figured out the videos.
Message 110 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Is the Java included the latest java version?
Message 111 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

jetty-6.1.x, java 1.6.0_20, Linux (68.6 MB / 73.7 MB)

What does the MB data within the parenthesis mean? is that the memory??! If so, why is it only at 73.7 max?
Message 112 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

because that is all that is being used at that particular time.

the memory setting you adjust is the 'max' memory, subsonic will use to that amount only if necessary.
Message 113 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Ok, and do you know if the java included is the latest?
Message 114 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

dcuellar wrote:
Ok, and do you know if the java included is the latest?

no idea, all i know is it currently works on my system, whether its the latest is irrelevant (to me).
Message 115 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Ok. Thanks anyway.
Message 116 of 153
super_poussin
Virtuoso

you can optimize subsonic going in

cd /c/webroot/subsonic/jetty/1944/webapp/WEB-INF/classes

then edit

vi ehcache.xml

and replace

<cache name="musicFolderCache"
maxElementsInMemory="0"
eternal="true"
diskPersistent="true"
overflowToDisk="true"/>

with

<cache name="musicFolderCache"
maxElementsInMemory="1"
eternal="true"
diskPersistent="true"
overflowToDisk="true"/>

1 is a minimum value

repeat this in all XXXX direcotories found in /c/webroot/subsonic/jetty/
Message 117 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

What does this do?

I won't be able to do it now because my frontview is messing up on me. I was running into problems yesterday so I decided to delete subsonic 1.8 and try installing 1.6. Unfortunately something happened in that process that is not allowing me to install anything. All files are considered invalid. I can't even restart the machine from frontview anymore.
Message 118 of 153
TeknoJnky
Hero

yuck.

I would ensure you have a complete backup of all data, and probably the simplist and easiest solution would be to factory default.

else, you could open an online ticket and get support looking into it.
Message 119 of 153
super_poussin
Virtuoso

dcuellar wrote:
What does this do?

I won't be able to do it now because my frontview is messing up on me. I was running into problems yesterday so I decided to delete subsonic 1.8 and try installing 1.6. Unfortunately something happened in that process that is not allowing me to install anything. All files are considered invalid. I can't even restart the machine from frontview anymore.

restart it with button on front panel
Message 120 of 153
super_poussin
Virtuoso

dcuellar wrote:
What does this do?

it's allow subsonic to use memory to cache data for albums in particular when indexing
Message 121 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:

I'm afraid it's a bigger issue than can be solved by doing that. My frontview won't save any settings and has disabled all of my shares. I'm on the phone now with Netgear support to see if we can figure this out. I'll let you know what happens.

As for the caching, I'll try that when I get it back up.

Did you figure out anything on the characters? I'm wondering if it has to do with the language setting in frontview. If I select English (ASCII) instead of Unicode will it allow me to see characters like "é"? Technojunky seems to be suffering from the same, others just may not realize it. I provided a link to the forum thread where they provide the solution, but the file I have to edit is not where it should be. I'm wondering if you could do the edit being that you know where the file should be.
Message 122 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Since I no longer have access to my NAS, due to technical reasons, I decided I would install subsonic on my computer until the NAS is back up.

So, after installing it on my computer I realized that the special characters were working perfectly. So the issue lies with the ReadyNAS, not subsonic. I'll let you know if the other issue I had, with the daily crashing, is also resolved.
Message 123 of 153
super_poussin
Virtuoso

dcuellar wrote:
super-poussin wrote:

I'm afraid it's a bigger issue than can be solved by doing that. My frontview won't save any settings and has disabled all of my shares. I'm on the phone now with Netgear support to see if we can figure this out. I'll let you know what happens.

As for the caching, I'll try that when I get it back up.

Did you figure out anything on the characters? I'm wondering if it has to do with the language setting in frontview. If I select English (ASCII) instead of Unicode will it allow me to see characters like "é"? Technojunky seems to be suffering from the same, others just may not realize it. I provided a link to the forum thread where they provide the solution, but the file I have to edit is not where it should be. I'm wondering if you could do the edit being that you know where the file should be.

to have é è à it should be better to use Frenche unicode rather than French ASCII
Message 124 of 153
dcuellar
Aspirant

Ok, but do I really need to use French?

As for the crashing, subsonic on my Mac is still up and running. I did have automatic search index off though. I will try it with it on now. I have not touched the memory settings yet either.
Message 125 of 153
Discussion stats
Announcements