× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN2120v2 - Can't (completely) replicate settings between two readynas using Configuration Backup

jackburton
Tutor

RN2120v2 - Can't (completely) replicate settings between two readynas using Configuration Backup

Hi all,

i have to set up several ReadyNas 2120v2 with same settings, i have to do this in an isolated subnetwork (no internet) so i'm using "Configuration Backup" in System menu.

I downloaded the "configuration archive" from the first ReadyNas, checking "Everything" button.

So i uploaded the configuration file to a new ReadyNas previously upgraded with the same firmware of the first ReadyNas (6.6.0), using the "Restore" function.

After the reboot, i noticed that the ReadyNas restored hasn't fully configured like the first ReadyNas.

While Shares, accounts and active services are replicated, Host name and Network settings remain unchanged.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN2120v2 - Can't (completely) replicate settings between two readynas using Configuration Backup

@jackburton wrote:

While Shares, accounts and active services are replicated, Host name and Network settings remain unchanged.

And I think there are some others - last time I did this the maintenance schedule was not restored either.

Neither the OS 6 user manual nor the the kb article [ https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Backing-up-configuration-OS6/td-p/1161971 ] even hint at this.

Message 2 of 8
jackburton
Tutor

This is bad

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@jackburton wrote:

This is bad

I found it annoying, but not fatal - since I knew what the settings were supposed to be.  

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/Backup-restore-settings-bug/m-p/1148507/highl... gives more info on what is restored, but not a lot of details on what isn't.  I thought there was at least one other thread on this topic, but I am not finding it now.

Message 4 of 8
jackburton
Tutor

I have to replicate settings over 20+ ReadyNas, I expected something more professional from Netgear.

Btw, i found a bug in the Backup config menu, if I use "custom" selection for the settings i want to save, instead of "everything", i can replicate at least network settings, while host name is always not appllied on the restored machine.

I tried also to manually edit the file in the backup folder, where the host name is mentioned (/tmp/config_restore_info) but nothing changed.

Message 5 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jackburton,

Based on the description of the issue that you have provided, I may need to check this with others who can probably assist you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
jackburton
Tutor

Thanky you,

Best Regards.

Message 7 of 8
jackburton
Tutor

Rif.: RN2120v2 - Can't (completely) replicate settings between two readynas using Configuration Back

Hi,

any news ?

Thanks,

Regards

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements