× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Ethernet Connection after Connect with GS105 Switch

deffi
Aspirant

No Ethernet Connection after Connect with GS105 Switch

Hi
I am a newbie concerning switches and have the following problem:

I have connected my GS105v4 ProSafe Switch with a patch cable  to the Fritzbox (from port1 the Fritzbox to port 1 of the switch). Both LEDs on this port are flashing. On port 2 of the switch I have a  connected a device (PC) (flashing also both LEDs), but no communication/internet with the PC . Neither switch nor PC do appear in my home network at all. I tried of course also different other ports on the switch, synonymous different network cables - without this something changes.

What am I doing wrong here?

Model: GS105v4|ProSAFE 5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
deffi
Aspirant

Re: No Ethernet Connection after Connect with GS105 Switch

Hi,

thanks for answering, but the problem has been solved in the meantime. But anyway I will answer your questions, maybe it´s a help for somebody else:

your questions 1 and 2:) If the Pc was connected via switch to the fritzbox (7390), I couldn´t ping the fritzbox. PC and switch were not visible/existing in the network.
3.) Fritzbox 7390 modem/router combination
4.) Yes direct connection to the fritzbox was no problem.

The solution:
At the next day/overnight everything works fine without doining anything. The only thing what happens over night is the daily provider forced disconnection of the my fritzbox. And we had a short blackout in the night, so all devices have been dead for a few minutes and restarted automaticly.

Stefan

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @deffi,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

1. While port 1 of the GS105v4 is directly connected to port 1 of the Fritzbox and your PC is connected to port 2 of the GS105v4, have you check if the PC is getting a valid IP address from the Fritzbox? 

2. From question #1, have you tried to assign a static IP address to your PC that is within the LAN IP range of your network then check if you are able to go online?

3. Just to verify, is you Fritzbox a modem-only device or a modem-router combination?

4. Connect your PC directly to your Fritzbox.  Are you able to access the internet just fine? 

I look forward to your response. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
deffi
Aspirant

Hi,

thanks for answering, but the problem has been solved in the meantime. But anyway I will answer your questions, maybe it´s a help for somebody else:

your questions 1 and 2:) If the Pc was connected via switch to the fritzbox (7390), I couldn´t ping the fritzbox. PC and switch were not visible/existing in the network.
3.) Fritzbox 7390 modem/router combination
4.) Yes direct connection to the fritzbox was no problem.

The solution:
At the next day/overnight everything works fine without doining anything. The only thing what happens over night is the daily provider forced disconnection of the my fritzbox. And we had a short blackout in the night, so all devices have been dead for a few minutes and restarted automaticly.

Stefan

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@deffi,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad that the problem is now solved and your able to go online through the GS105 switch. 🙂 

Feel free to post your concerns here in the community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements