× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Static IP for GS105

Lew11
Aspirant

Static IP for GS105

Just installed a Starlink system. I have three hardwired ethernet circuits, so I added the GS105 switch.  I also have a Defender HD camera system that requires a static IP address.  My question is, how do I add a static IP address to this unit, if possible?

Everything else work fine except im having trouble getting the camera system to get the static IP address...

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

GS105 are un-managed switches. So no configuration can be done here. Contact the mfr of the camera for help and support regarding there product. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

GS105 are un-managed switches. So no configuration can be done here. Contact the mfr of the camera for help and support regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 6
Lew11
Aspirant

I was afraid of this too.  I don't think this camera system is still supported as well.

One more quick question here....If I had a managed switch, could I assign a static IP address to that connection?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure what you need a static IP address for. I know you can set static IP addresses on Cameras them selves. 
Are you referring to a static IP address that is set ON devices or a IP address reservation that are configured on a network router? 

What router system do you have or using? 

No. 

Message 4 of 6
Lew11
Aspirant

Well, the camera system I have has its own server/storage device that has an ethernet connection.   In its setup it says it needs to be setup to a static IP address for its connection.  I had it setup before on a hughesnet system, although it did not work well.

The cameras themselves only talk back to their own server and then its ethernet cable connects to my Netgear router.

I hope I have explained this correctly.

Thanks for your help also!  

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

The static IP would be for the camera or recorder system - on the LAN - only.

This could be done (ideally) by reserving the MAC<->IP pair on your router DHCP server, worst "hard-core" approach would be to set a LAN IP config of your camera system manually, matching the LAN config of the router.

Said that: Not a question for Netgear - more one for Starlink and/or whatever other hopefully better router you have integrated to your Starlink Ethernet port.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements