× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Accessing shares from a WDTV Live Streamer

norliss
Aspirant

Accessing shares from a WDTV Live Streamer

Hi.

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ with several shares setup. None of the shares have any password protection and I have no problems accessing them on WinXP PCs, Mac or my Netgear NeoTV550 media streamer.

However I've recently bought a Western Digital WDTV Live Streaming Media Player and can't for the life of me get it to see my CIFS shares. It's sees the NAS ok, but when I try to connect it gives me a login window with the default user name of "anonymous" with a blank password. This doesn't work, nor does removing "anonymous", nor does the Administration username & password that I would use to access the admin of the NAS. The only thing I can do is connect to a single share by using said share name (eg "Music") as a username with a blank password, but this is no good since the WDTV Live doesn't allow me to then go back and map any more shares this way.

Can anyone shed any light on what username/password combo I should be using given that I've not set up any on any share and that I never need to use any on either computer or the NeoTV 550?
Message 1 of 3
gandalfnet
Aspirant

Re: Accessing shares from WDTV Live Streamer

got the same problem, but cannot even map with the share name!

any luck finding a solution?
Message 2 of 3
gandalfnet
Aspirant

Re: Accessing shares from a WDTV Live Streamer

I have this work around, works great

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70191
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos