× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin account renamed after 6.5.0 upgrade

Chokehold
Aspirant

Admin account renamed after 6.5.0 upgrade

Hi,

The administrator account that I entered upon resetting my device a good while ago (named it "Chokehold") has since I updated to 6.5.0 from 6.2.4 been changed to simply "admin".

My files are intact, as are my volumes and everything, even the administrator password I had set, so this seems more to me to be by design upon upgrading to the MyNETGEAR type account from ReadyCLOUD. Is this the case? Is this by design, or has something happened?

Looking into the accounts tab I can no longer see the Chokehold user account, only the admin account.

I have not yet tried remapping the network drives on my Windows computers that currently connect with the Chokehold credentials, but the current mapping (with the aforementioned credentials) still seems to work perfectly when moving files around.

Thanks!

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Admin account renamed after 6.5.0 upgrade

Sounds like it is by design.

Anyway the local admin account has always been 'admin' (no quotes) whether or not ReadyCLOUD is used.

Message 2 of 5
Daf1
Tutor

My understanding is that admin account is always there, and cannot be renamed.

However you also had a main user account - as did I.
Upgrading to 6.5.0 the main user account seems to have been removed - I have had to go back to admin.
Tried to re-create the user account and told I couldn't as it was the alias for ReadyCloud acocunt

Message 3 of 5
Chokehold
Aspirant

Dang, didn't even try that.

But yeah I get the same error.

Error code 2013020845

Message 4 of 5
MacRob
Aspirant

Something similar, I had a readycloud account, because of the upgrade, I had to leave readycloud for a mynetgear account,

When I did this it created an admin user and a new user using my email address for the name.

My old user home folder is still there, but now I cant access it with my new user account. I have files in there, but I don't know how to access them or move them out. 

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements