× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive Status? (Have a mismatch in size between Amazon and ReadyNAS)

MattNeimeyer
Guide

Amazon Cloud Drive Status? (Have a mismatch in size between Amazon and ReadyNAS)

My ReadyNas, running OS 6.6.0, says that the AmazonCloudDrive share has consumed 7TB. When I log into Amazon it says that I'm consuming 6.4TB of space. Going to the Cloud Tab, then the Settings button for "Sync with Amazon Cloud" and looking at the Logs shows that no files are being uploaded (they were uploading a couple days ago).

Here's my concern, Monday of last week I know files were being uploaded when I checked the log, then I updated to OS6.6.0 and now files are not being uploaded. How can I tell if it just happened to finish uploading all the files in the interveining time (this will be my first complete upload) OR if something "broke" during the 6.6.0 upgrade? Is there a way to ask whatever is running on the ReadyNAS to "force" a re-evaluation of all files and push up any missing files? Or to list files is skipped "on purpose"?

With regard to skipped files, I know that the Amazon Drive help files say that files larger than 2GB can't be uploaded through the web and you must use the Desktop application. Does the way the ReadNAS syncs count as Desktop or Web? (I could easily believe that .6TB of my files are over 2GB)

Thanks!

Matt

Model: ReadyNASRNDU6310|ReadyNAS Ultra 6
Message 1 of 5
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Amazon Cloud Drive Status? (Have a mismatch in size between Amazon and ReadyNAS)

Hi MattNeimeyer,

if you first complete upload, it won't upload files again when click Sync button,

Sync only happen when there are file changes on ReadyNAS or Amazon Cloud Drive,

Is there a way to ask whatever is running on the ReadyNAS to "force" a re-evaluation of all files and push up any missing files? Or to list files is skipped "on purpose"?

=> Click Sync button, it will check the different between ReadyNAS and Amazon Cloud Drive,

if there are any files missing upload, it will upload again.

Does the way the ReadNAS syncs count as Desktop or Web?

=>ReadyNAS support 2GB+ files upload.

Clould you send logs and let me check which file missing upload?

Following link is how to send logs,

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21543/~/how-do-i-send-all-logs-to-a-readynas-forum-mod...

Message 2 of 5
MattNeimeyer
Guide

Hitting the sync button and watching the log I'm seeing some warnings about being unable to load the files to Amazon because Amazon's File System is case insensitive.

I didn't realize I had case-conflicts in my files and I didn't realize that mattered... I'll resolve that first and report back.

Thanks for pointing me in a useful direction!

Matt

Message 3 of 5
MattNeimeyer
Guide

I just wanted to report back that after resolving the Case Conflicts and clicking the Sync button (and waiting a couple days...) I now have usage/sizes matching between ReadyNAS shares tab and Amazon CloudDrive.

Keeping an eye on the log as files were uploading they all appeared to be files in the folders that contained the Case Conflicted files.

I can provide logs if this isn't enough to go on for diagnosis but it feels straight forward. I would have expected all non-Case Conflicted files to upload and they didn't... It also would be nice to get a notification of the error in the sync. (I don't THINK I got one...)

Thanks!

Matt

Message 4 of 5
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MattNeimeyer,

Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround. We appreciate your contribution to the community. 

Feel free to post any other suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements