× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Antivirus disabling Automatically

ashfakjs
Guide

Antivirus disabling Automatically

Dear All,

I’m facing Antivirus issue with the Netgear NAs device, Model Readynas 428

Point 1. Antivirus not getting auto update, I have to update it manually by running freshclam –v command

Point 2. Antivirus is in disable mode, I have tried to enable it through GUI-web but again it rolling back to disable mode.

Note :  I have updated the firmware to the latest one 6.10.6 & Antivirus version is CLamd 0.103.2

Pease let me know if any one face same kind of issue and have got it fixed.

Warn Regards

Ashfak

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 1 of 7
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @ashfakjs,

Assuming that you've already rebooted the NAS and enabled it again but it's still the same issue, please upload it to a file-sharing site then send me the download link via private message.

The system logs can be downloaded on System > Logs.

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
ashfakjs
Guide

Dear Jerald,

Thank you for your replay,  YesI have restarted NAS device but still facing same issue. every time Antivirus is getting disabled and antivirus databas also not getting update automatically. All the time i have to SSH NAS device and need to run freshclam command to update antivirus database.

I'm unable to attached Log files here as attachment as it is Zip folder.

Kind Reagrds

Ashfak

Model: RN428|ReadyNAS 428 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bays
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@ashfakjs wrote:

I'm unable to attached Log files here as attachment as it is Zip folder.

You shouldn't post the log zip publicly, as there is some privacy leakage when you do that.

@JeraldM is asking you to send them via private message (PM).  Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page to do that.

Also, he asked that you upload the zip file to cloud storage (google drive, dropbox, etx), and send him a download link.  That works around the issue with attaching a zip file.

Message 4 of 7
peterongley
Guide

I also have this happening. After having all the error messages regarding the non uploading of antivirus definitions due to the need to install the latest firmware, this has been the next glitch to appear. With help from this forum, (Thanks StephenB) I was able to manually update my system firmware to 6.10.6 the system was able to successfully download virus definition updates. Then a few days ago I got two system messages in the log files that seemed to indicate that the whole antivirus mechanism had been remotely shut down, with no explanation given.

Nov 19, 2021 09:34:46 PM

System: Service protocol anti-virus-sche-scan is disabled.
Nov 19, 2021 09:34:45 PM

System: Service protocol Antivirus is disabled.
Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 5 of 7
peterongley
Guide

Further to my previous post: The Antivirus Service keeps turning itself off every couple of days. This also means that antivirus definition updates are not automatically downloaded. So, every day or two, I have to enter RAIDar admin area, go to System Settings, and manually reactivate the Antivirus Service. Once this is done the latest antivirus definition file then automatically downloads. So much for a 'set and forget' system. Any suggestions??

Model: RN21400|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@peterongley wrote:

Any suggestions??

I suggest sending a private message to @JeraldM (using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page), and ask him if he is willing to analyze your full log zip.

Don't post the log zip publically, there is some information leakage when you do that.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements