× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Error : Destination cannot be mounted on the system. ReadyNas 102

Gnewendlo
Aspirant

"Where?  I can't find any reference to that in this thread."

Forgot this.

I have written a number of posts that got lost due to "connection was reset" errors. I can only guess that this was one. I am hopeful this problem has now been fixed.

Sorry about that.

Message 26 of 32
Gnewendlo
Aspirant

"The eject function is to prepare the disk from removal when you are going to physically unplug the drive from the system -- like Windows' "Safely Remove" function."

Not quite. I don't have to backup to a drive in Windows before ejecting it. Remote storage of backup disk would be a more likely option, but like I said I could not find any reference to it in the manual.

Message 27 of 32
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Gnewendlo,

I am not able to find it from the user manual but here is an article that has steps for unmounting USB drive: ReadyNAS OS 6: USB drive is mounted as read-only.

Regards,

Message 28 of 32
Gnewendlo
Aspirant

"

Hello Gnewendlo,

I am not able to find it from the user manual but here is an article that has steps for unmounting USB drive: ReadyNAS OS 6: USB drive is mounted as read-only.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team"

Thanks for that.

That is what I was after.

A bit lacking in the manual.

Message 29 of 32
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gnewendlo,

Thanks for acknowledging that the article provided by JennC is what you needed. You may now tag this thread this as resolved by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 30 of 32
Gnewendlo
Aspirant

Now I am unable to get the Top Rear USB port to work. 2 different drives give no result.

I guess this is a hardware fault. If so I guess it is back to my other plan. Buying another Nas.

Message 31 of 32
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gnewendlo,

Did you check the admin page to see if the external USB drives were detected *USB log entries*? Are the other USB ports on the ReadyNAS system working? Would you mind if you will give the latest RC1 Beta Firmware a try and see if it makes a difference?

Kind regards.

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements