× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Bad Disk Found! on Poster after Kernal Panic

dmviper
Aspirant

Bad Disk Found! on Poster after Kernal Panic

Hi all,

I have the NV+ V1 with 4 x 1TB (supported drives 😄 ) with a RAID-X configuration. Monday evening something happened causing a Kernal Panic. Tuesday morning I pulled the power cord on it as it was unresponsive. I re-booted the system and after sometime booting the Poster on the front says "Bad disks found! Found bad disk". On Raidar I can hover over the disks and see that Disk 1 has ATA error count of 4089.

Should I:

1) Power down the NV+ and remove the failing Disk then reboot so I can try to backup what is on the drive (last backup was probably FEB 2012)
2) Power down the NV+ remove and replace failing Disk and reboot to allow the volume to be restored.

Thanks!

David
Message 1 of 2
dmviper
Aspirant

Re: Bad Disk Found! on Poster after Kernal Panic

::Update::

Knowing which drive has failed I powered down the NV+ using the soft key on the front and then removed DISK 1. After the system rebooted and after FS check the data is accessable for an up to date backup 😄 I have a spare drive on the way 😞 but have ordered an extra spare so I will be ready next time to replace the failing drive and secure the volume in it's RAID-X environment. Any comments?
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements