× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Boot Menu Won't Advance

Mook1
Aspirant

Boot Menu Won't Advance

Not sure my original post is up. Please excuse me if so.

I have a new ISP. Most of my devices were recognized except 2 316s. On one I did a OS reinstall and that worked fine. It got a new proper IP address. The other doesn't seem to want to allow me to advance in the boot menu when I press the down arrow on the touch scree. Is there another way I can do an OS reinstall? OR is there a way to force the ReadyNAS to be recognized my the new router?

Running 6.9.1

Thanks.

Dave-

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

You can only do the OS reinstall by accessing the boot menu. Did you assign as static IP address on the NAS before? If yes, do you still remember the IP address you assigned?

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Mook1
Aspirant

Hi John, sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with a few demons of switching ISPs.

Seems all of my OS6 boxes have been assigned proper IP addresses.

There's only one left and it's an Ultra6 running on OS4 and I do have the statis IP address for that one. However, let me try an OS reinstall on that box (if that's possible) before we go try something else.

Message 3 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

Thank you for the update. Please keep us posted of what will be the result after doing the OS reinstall.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mook1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements