× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Join ReadyNas NV+ to Windows Server Essentials 12 R2 Domain

MTUser2013
Tutor

Can't Join ReadyNas NV+ to Windows Server Essentials 12 R2 Domain

Hello,

I am trying to set up & join my new to me ReadyNAS NV+ to a Windows 2012 Server Essentials R2 domain. The unit was reset to factory defaults. I made sure it has the latest firmware. 4.1.15. I am not using the wizard to set it up. I am working my way through the menu entries.

Here is the error I receive:

Could not resolve domain controller for this domain. ******.LOCAL
Unsuccessful joining domain ******.LOCAL

I added a Host DNS entry for the NAS that has a fixed IP through a MAC adddress reservation. I also googled and found a link about editing the LanmanServer registry key from "SamSS Srv2" to "SamSS Srv". I did this, but did not reboot the server. Same error after each attempt. I specified an IP address for the domain controller. I do have the Administrator name and password correct.

Please advise on what I need to do to get this to work.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3
Comdiv1
Tutor

Re: Can't Join ReadyNas NV+ to Windows Server Essentials 12 R2 Domain

Not sure if this will help but when I have DNS issues i check the following.

Check you can reference the DNS name and the returned ip address is correct from another source on the same LAN

ping ***.local

if thats okay check you have supplied the correct DNS on the network card settings.

hope this helps

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't Join ReadyNas NV+ to Windows Server Essentials 12 R2 Domain

Also, whatever device is giving you the reserved IP address will also give you a DNS server.  So perhaps check on that one too.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements