× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't get into dashboard

richmc
Aspirant

Can't get into dashboard

I have a readynas duoV2
Having not needed to access dashboard for some time I attempted to log in, I got the certificate warning screen that I first had when I got the NAS but found (somewhere) a workaround. However now it went to a webpage not available, having then looked at the NAS in windows the network screen I saw that the IP address has changed from 192.168.1.104 to 192.168.1.102 so I changed the shortcut to point to this, now I get the first splash screen for the dashboard but the time indicator just keeps revolving and nothing else happens.
How do I get back into dashboard without loosing my data?
Message 1 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

Does raidar see the readynas. If so, what is he IP address listed on the raidar display?
Try clearing you browser cache and/ or using a different browser.
The security certificate issue should not prevent you from accessing the GUI.
Make sure the readynas is added to your trusted sites list in the browser security settings.

If all that doesn't help, reboot the readynas. You'll need to power down, then power up again manually.

Do you have a backup of your data?
Message 2 of 5
richmc
Aspirant

Yes Radar sees the NAS, clearing the cache has made no difference, so have done all you suggested and have gone over to Firefox, low and behold I can get in! HOW I HATE IE!
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately Radar points to IE, is there a way to point to firefox other than making it the default browser?
And finally I'm using Radar 5.3.7, Dashboard 1.0.0.264 and radiator 5.3.7 should I be updating any of these and is there a how to?
Message 3 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

There is a newer version here:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -downloads

You can update using the GUI or download the file and do a manual update, also using the GUI.

I would think he only way to sort out the original problem is to change your default browser if you want to use raidar, but you can just use Firefox and set a bookmark for the readynas. it's not essential to use raidar.
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

IE10 support is added in 5.3.8 as you can see in the Release Notes.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements