× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Domain Functional Level

MR_WaynesWorld
Aspirant

Domain Functional Level

I have two ReadyNAS Pro Business units running the latest firmware level, 4.2.22. Currently they are connected to my home domain and running great. The Domain DC's are already running Server 2012 and the domain is running at Functional Level of Server 2008 R2.

I was wondering if there are any known issues with ReadyNAS Pro units accessing a domain if the Domain Functional Level is raised to Server 2012?

TIA...
Message 1 of 6
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Domain Functional Level

Most of the features that are in the win2k8 will work in the win2k12 domain environment.

What application were you using the Windows server with the ReadyNAS?
Message 2 of 6
MR_WaynesWorld
Aspirant

Basically using the ReadyNAS units to store my movies, tv series and music. I access these from media PC's throughout my house. I'm in the IT business so having a Domain here is sort of fun.

I want to raise my domain function level to Server 2012 but wanted to make sure ReadyNAS played with a Domain at that Functional Level.
Message 3 of 6
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Yea, most of the file sharing functions that were in win2k8 that are now in win2k12 will play nicely.
There are some new features that will be a work in progress that is new to win2k12 like some of the smb options with hyper-v. It is a new server, so these things will be worked on as things are maturing.
Message 4 of 6
mytechcentre
Aspirant

Hi MR.WaynesWorld,

Did you upgrade your forest level to 2012, and if so, have success connecting your ReadyNAS to it? We've got an NVX and are ready to upgrade our environment.

Thanks,

Ed
Message 5 of 6
mytechcentre
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. The server will simply access the NAS shares so I don't anticipate any issues. I'll advise if there are any after this weekend.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements