× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Factory reset readynas ultra 6 running OS 6

bolter
Aspirant

Factory reset readynas ultra 6 running OS 6

IF I Factory Reset My Readynas Ultra 6 running OS6 Because I Don't Seem To Have Any Apps Any more (Plus A Couple Of Other Small Niggley Issues) Will It Reset The OS Back To V4.xxx That It Came With. The Main Reason To Reset Is I Can't Install Plex. I Don't Know If It's Because The Nas Is Installing A Volume, But Evey Time I Try To Install Plex, It Throws Me Out Of Frontview And Then Won't Accept My Password To Let Me Get Back In. I'm  Also Worried That If I Do Manage To Get Plex Installed, Frontview Won't Allow Me To Update Plex.

Can Anyone Suggest A Simple Fix.

I Am Running OS 6.10.7 And I Reforce The Same Firmware Back On, Will That Reinstall Apps?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bolter
Aspirant

I Did A Factory Reset On The Nas, This Still Didn't Give Me Any Apps.

But Re-Install OS 6.10.7 and This Has Given Me Apps Back Again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@bolter wrote:

IF I Factory Reset My Readynas Ultra 6 running OS6 Because I Don't Seem To Have Any Apps Any more (Plus A Couple Of Other Small Niggley Issues) Will It Reset The OS Back To V4.xxx That It Came With.

It will reinstall OS 6.  It is possible to downgrade if you really want to do that (but you can't run Plex on 4.2 firmware).

@bolter wrote:

The Main Reason To Reset Is I Can't Install Plex.

I've seen a couple of reports on plex misbehaving with 6.10.7 firmware.   Not sure what the issue is (personally I run plex on a windows PC, with the NAS data volume mapped to a drive letter).  @Marc_V , @JeraldM - do you know if anyone at Netgear is working with Plex to resolve this?

But I believe plex can be installed if you downgrade the firmware to 6.10.4.

Message 2 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@bolter

I was able to install one on my RN102 on 6.10.7. It did got me to the login page but was able to logback in to the Admin page.

Can you pull the logs and send it to us thru PM.

I was able to install ver 1.26 which was downloaded here install from the NAS automatically has 1.11

Message 3 of 4
bolter
Aspirant

I Did A Factory Reset On The Nas, This Still Didn't Give Me Any Apps.

But Re-Install OS 6.10.7 and This Has Given Me Apps Back Again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements