× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FireFox 6 / IE8 and Frontview

bdg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just purchased two ReadyNAS Ultra RNDU2000. Installation of disks seems fine according to raidar (running on Windows 7 Enterprise) and the last column shows 4.2.17 which I guess is the firmware level on the boxes. Once all the LEDs stop flashing I click on the "setup" button and end up with a blank Frontview panel in Firefox 6---I have accepted the self-signed certificate. AdBlock and NoScript are disabled (first for this address, then completely), no change. Same result if I connect to the devices by pasting the URL into IE8...

Can anyone provide any help/hints?

Sorry if this is a repeat of an earlier topic, but those I find that complain about a blank Frontview display were related to earlier browsers and the answers pointed fingers at ABD/NoScript and/or suggested using IE which is what I have tried---although I have IE8, not IE7...
Message 1 of 5
bdg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: FireFox 6 / IE8 and Frontview

Safari on an iPad worked but the interface was impossible to use with the embedded scroll bars.

Workaround: install Chrome...

But this is a little disappointing; this really should work out of the box.
Message 2 of 5
fbmachines
Guide

bdg wrote:
Safari on an iPad worked but the interface was impossible to use with the embedded scroll bars.

Two finger scroll works for the embedded scroll.
Message 3 of 5
zamboni
Aspirant

fbmachines wrote:
NAS 1 [File Server]: ReadyNAS NV+, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 4x Seagate ST31000333AS 1 TB
NAS 2 [Media Server]: ReadyNAS NV+, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 4x Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI 2 TB
NAS 3 [HDD Image Server]: ReadyNAS NV+, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 3x Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS-02A6B0 1 TB
NAS 4 [Backup for NAS 1,2 & 3]: ReadyNAS NV+, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 4x Hitachi HDS722020ALA330 2 TB
NAS 5 [Off-Site Backup for NAS 1,2 & 3]: ReadyNAS NV+, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 4x Seagate ST31500341AS 1.5 TB
NAS 6 [BitTorrent Client]: ReadyNAS Duo, Raidiator 4.1.8, 1024 MB, X-RAID, 2x Western Digital RE2 WD5001ABYS 500 GB
NAS 7 [CrashPlan Client]: ReadyNAS Pro-6, Raidiator 4.2.19, 4096 MB, X-RAID2, 6x Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI 2 TB
NAS 8 [On-site Backup]: ReadyNAS Pro-6, Raidiator 4.2.19, 8192 MB, X-RAID2, 6x Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI 2 TB
NAS 9 [Off-site Backup]: ReadyNAS Pro-2, Raidiator 4.2.19, 1024 MB, X-RAID2, 2x Western Digital RE3 WD5002ABYS-01B1B0 500 GB

Whoa. Nothing to do with this thread; I only have to say -- this seems like entirely too many NAS units for one person. Curious - is this personal, a business, or both? Given the capacities, it sure seems like the data could have been better handled by swapping drives.

You have 32.5 TB of data capacity and 12.5 TB of "redundant" space. Since some of these are "off-site" backups, it surely seems that you are not being as efficient (yet still off-site redundant) as you could easily be...
Message 4 of 5
fbmachines
Guide

zamboni wrote:

Whoa. Nothing to do with this thread; I only have to say -- this seems like entirely too many NAS units for one person. Curious - is this personal, a business, or both? Given the capacities, it sure seems like the data could have been better handled by swapping drives.

You have 32.5 TB of data capacity and 12.5 TB of "redundant" space. Since some of these are "off-site" backups, it surely seems that you are not being as efficient (yet still off-site redundant) as you could easily be...

Actually, if my calculations are correct it's 42.5TB data capacity. :rofl:

It's broken up roughly 50/50 (data capacity) on-site and off-site. All the NASs are mine but some are used for business purposes.

My only defense for my NAS addiction is "Don't put all your eggs in one basket.". I have 4 copies of all files across my NASs and for the really important files I seed them to my CrashPlan cloud too. I have rsync choreographed between the NASs to keep them all in sync (over VPN for on-site --> off-site).

I probably could be more efficient but given the 2TB HDD ceiling in the Sparc ReadyNASs, I'm glad I did it this way. Now I have room to play with 😎 .

Not to mention, it looks good when I bring them all together (very rare)...
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements