× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FrontView and Windows 7

tompatterson
Aspirant

FrontView and Windows 7

I am experiencing the same difficulties mentioned by EWOK in NAS not being able to recognize anything.

I get an "Error connecting to" message no matter what I try for Step 1 in selecting a backup source. I have dropped all Windows firewall protection for the network computer I am attempting to backup, and enabled remote access for Network file and folder sharing, but nothing seems to help FrontView to connect to the network computor.

I can however go to another network computer, and it will recognize the first network computor and the NAS and can open up folders on both. The first computer also sees NAS and can open up folders.

IF anyone has had any luck getting FrontView to connect to a Windows 7 machine, I would appreciate knowing just what to enter into the FrontView boxes.
Message 1 of 5
tompatterson
Aspirant

Sorry, it wasn't EWOK who mentioned the difficulties - it was "VeryFrustrated".
Message 2 of 5
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Try creating the backup job and running it. What error message do you see in the logs?
Message 3 of 5
tompatterson
Aspirant

I am not sure which log to look in. There are over 40 different logs, and none seem to have anything to do with backups.

I was getting an error on the screen to the effect that the NAS couldn't connect to the pc.

Right now I am running backups and saving them to the backup folder on the NAS, but I am doing so using the Windows 7 backup program.
Message 4 of 5
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Look in the backup log for the job.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements