× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Frontview stops responding and webpage needs to restart.

BrookHampton
Aspirant

Frontview stops responding and webpage needs to restart...

I am trying to change the permissions on a share. The share is disabled with exceptions. two groups are allowed read write access. I would like to remove one group. As soon as I delete them the page locks up. Aside from this fronview works..
Message 1 of 3
BrookHampton
Aspirant

I unclicked the write enabled users in Cifs and was able to save that. I reclicked it to add the one group back and I type the first two letters of the group name and it locks up. I eventually get a recover webpage box...

I am stuck and need to reshare this folder asap
Message 2 of 3
Saturn
Aspirant

Did you manage to fix this problem?

I have the same problem and have discovered that the problem occurs when using a Windows 7 or Vista PC to change the permissions, but everything is fine if I use an XP PC. When using the XP PC and changing a permission the web page auto-completes the username being added to the permission. I suspect the auto-complete is the problem area for the Win 7 & Vista machines. So I think I have narrowed the problem down, but sadly not found the solution yet.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements