× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google Drive Beta - File Syncing - Local Deletions not Syncing

mrwizard93
Aspirant

Google Drive Beta - File Syncing - Local Deletions not Syncing

I have a ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer running Firmware 6.7.4. I am backing up my data using the very convenient native Google Drive Beta backup tool using the "Upload local storage changes only" option and noticed a couple of things - 

First - I didn't realize that folders with apostrophes wouldn't sync. After a bit of thinking i realized what that problem was and thankfully, I was able to fix all 200 folder names on that front. (fun)

Second - For some reason, locally deleted folders and files do not delete from the cloud drive. Has anyone had a similar issue? I am wondering if I should select "bidirection" for the syncing option. I am just worried that Google Drive isn't fully or properly synced. I have many many files.

Lastly - Is there an easy way of comparing the cloud and local folders to see if everything is synced up correctly? 

Thanks,

Cesar

Model: RNDP600E |ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Hopchen
Prodigy

Re: Google Drive Beta - File Syncing - Local Deletions not Syncing

Hi,

From my understanding (I could be wrong here) if you chose the option to "Upload local storage changes only", then the NAS will only ever upload/add files to the cloud. It will not remove stuff from the cloud as you are Uploading only.

For what you are after, I believe that you need to select the bi-directional.

"Lastly - Is there an easy way of comparing the cloud and local folders to see if everything is synced up correctly?"

- I don't see an easy way to do this. Maybe you could raise this as an Idea?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-storage?topic-zo...

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
mrwizard93
Aspirant

I thought that bidirectional meant that if i changed something on the cloud drive, the change would be realized on the local drive.

Message 3 of 4
Hopchen
Prodigy

Ahh yes, I think you are right. It seems it should work as you first expected.

Perhaps try and create a new share and make a new sync to that share. Can you consistantly reproduce the error? If yes, then perhaps raise it to NTGR support so they can log an issue internally.

Also, see if the issue persists on the latest firmware: 6.7.5.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements