× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lion support in 4.1.8 still broken?

Arafel
Aspirant

Lion support in 4.1.8 still broken?

When I try to connect to the ready nas through finder's share listing of my NAS I get an error "The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again." then the share listing vanishes from finder until I reboot my readynas duo.

When Time Machine tries to connect I get the same error proceeded by:
"There was a problem connecting to the server “NAS.local”."

Did 4.1.8 (sparc) fix problems for anyone?

Mac OS 1.7.1
RAIDiator 4.1.8
Message 1 of 5
treaves
Aspirant

I have a different issue. At first, I got the error about the dbd file. I poked around, and saw where this version updates that file, and that it can take a while. Three of my mounts now work, but, when I open one, all I get is an empty finder. On the NV+, I see the cnid_dbd process shoot to 98%, and just stay there.

This needs more work, and it needs it fast. This version is supposed to 'officially' support Lion, and it very clearly does not.
Message 2 of 5
Arafel
Aspirant

From what I have found if you manually connect (go -> connect to server) and put in the username/pass@ip address (afp://user:password@192.168.1.2) and it mounted the network share fine. just a pain having to manually connect via ip address.
Message 3 of 5
treaves
Aspirant

No, that does not work. I can force it to mount, but it always mounts read-only
Message 4 of 5
treaves
Aspirant

I went in to the .AppleDB directory of the share, deleted everything, and that seems to have helped. I'll post more later.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements