× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multi accounts for one device

DanielPL
Aspirant

Multi accounts for one device

This is my first post, so I want to say hello.

I use the ReadyNas102 device. I know that it is a bit old, but it works and I have no objections to its work.

I came across a problem that I can not solve alone. I use the ReadyCloud application and synchronization works well on one device.

Currently, I would like to create backups from several different workstations for different users with the help of ReadyNas Cloud on a ReadyNas102.

It looks like:
Workstation 1, user1 @ ... synchronizes to ReadyNas102 to a specific directory.

Workstation 2, user2 @ ... synchronizes to ReadyNas102 to a specific directory.

The problem is that the current ReadyCloud account can only be assigned to one ReadyNas102 device. Creating new users on the ReadyNas102 page does not solve the problem.

I can not backup everything on one folder because users can not see each other's folders.

Do you know the solution?

Thanks for your time!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Multi accounts for one device

Hi DanielPL,

Welcome to the Community!

You may invite other ReadyCLOUD users by logging in the main account that is assigned to the RN102 to the ReadyCLOUD portal. There is an option there to allow a ReadyCLOUD user to access the specific folder. You may check this KB article for the detailed steps.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
DanielPL
Aspirant

Fantastic!

I did as you wrote in the help files. I created a user account in Ready Cloud and then shared one of the folders for this new user.

Unfortunately, not everything works as it should, because on the workstation side, the ReadyCloud application has the information "Online - VPN disconnected".

Where did I make a configuration error?

Best regards,

Daniel

Message 3 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DanielPL,

May I know the operating system of the computer? If you login that user account to the ReadyCLOUD web portal, can it see the NAS?

You may try first assigning a static DNS on the NAS and see if that will help.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@DanielPL wrote:

I can not backup everything on one folder because users can not see each other's folders.

Are you asking how to backup the user backups? I believe they are all stored in home folder, which you can select as a backup source in a ReadyNAS backup job.

Or do you wanting multiway sync?  ReadyCloud won't do that, you'll need to use something else.

Message 5 of 7
DanielPL
Aspirant

Hey!

The solution to share the directory with other readycloud users works - the problem has been resolved. Almost...

There were two more problems.

The first one is the speed of data transfer, upload to ReadyNas. I tested on several links and unfortunately it is always up to 5-6 Mb / s. Do you limit the transfer speed in some way?

The second problem is the suspension of the service - this is how it looks on my side. New files appear in the folder (backup of databases in the size of about 2GB). Unfortunately, they are not sent to ReadyNas. I see that the task is at the stage of synchronizing or indexing the content. It stops at this. No error appears. The indexing or sync indicator is simply displayed at 0%.

Firewall disabled, successfully pinging to the address of the VPN.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
DanielPL
Aspirant

Hey!

Does anyone of you know the way to solve this issue?

I also have a problem with starting the service, synchronization sometimes stops. Is it possible to resume it somehow from the command line or windows task scheduler?

Best Regards!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements