× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAs RND-4C daily and quartly backup failing.

cwalker
Aspirant

NAs RND-4C daily and quartly backup failing.

NAS device has been backing up to two seperat removable HD units. One for quarterly back up (plugged in when needed) and the other for daily backup which remains continually connected. Recently the backups began to fail. It is not a space issue. We have reset the backups to run again with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
cwalker
Aspirant

Re: NAs RND-4C daily and quartly backup failing.

Connected drive to my PC and I can save files to the backup drive just fine. Element drive not set to read only.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

How are the drives formatted?  Sometimes the "dirty" bit can get set on the disks, and then they are mounted read-only.  If they are formatted so a PC can read them, then connecting them to a PC is the easiest way to repair them.

Message 2 of 5
cwalker
Aspirant

Connected drive to my PC and I can save files to the backup drive just fine. Element drive not set to read only.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@cwalker wrote:

If the "dirty" bit is set, the PC will ask you if you want to repair it.  If you say yes, it will do a file system check/repair and clear the bit.  If that didn't happen, then your issue is something else.

Any specifics on the error in the backup logs?

Message 4 of 5
cwalker
Aspirant

My company has decided to just replace the unit. Thanks for your help. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements