× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NTP Time Synchronisation Interval

Silverstreak
Aspirant

NTP Time Synchronisation Interval

Hi,

I searched for this topic on the forum but could not find a definite answer so here's a new post.

I noticed the automatic synch doesn't happen for weeks at a time and only occurs if I change the NTP server. How do I configure the time synchronisation interval on my ReadyNAS 516? For e.g. I'd like the NAS box to synch with a NIST time server every 24 hours. Is there a way to do this?

PS - Is there a way to change the date and time formats to DD/MM/YYYY and 24 hours respectively?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Viv
Message 1 of 4
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Silverstreak wrote:
Is there a way to change the date and time formats to DD/MM/YYYY and 24 hours respectively?

I assume that you have already checked this link: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -system%3F

I have checked our own RN316 and it seems that there is no option to change the date and time formats to DD/MM/YYYY and 24 hours.
Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What version of ReadyNAS OS are you running?
Message 3 of 4
Silverstreak
Aspirant

Thanks for your responses.

Ixa wrote:
I assume that you have already checked this link: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23064/~/how-do-i-set-the-time-and-date-on-my-readynas-os-6-storage-system%3F I have checked our own RN316 and it seems that there is no option to change the date and time formats to DD/MM/YYYY and 24 hours.

Yes, I checked the date/time setting panel, assuming there would be an option to display date and time in Asian/European formats. Couldn't find a method to change the format hence the post on this forum.

mdgm wrote:
What version of ReadyNAS OS are you running?

This is ver 6.2.2. These formats aren't a really big problem. But for those customers accustomed to date and time stamps in a particular format it could become a source of confusion especially when date and/or month are in single digits 🙂 For e.g. 1/2 in in most of Asia & EU is interpreted as 1st Feb, while in the US it would be Jan 2nd...similarly 10/1 would be 10th Jan and Oct 1st respectively.

Oh well, hope this minor issue can be fixed in future releases of the OS. BTW, is there a way to change or configure the time synchronisation interval?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements