× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Access to NAS

sjh666
Aspirant

Network Access to NAS

Hi All

I have a very difficult issue with accessing one of my NAS's.
Some PC's on the same subnet can access NAS and some carn't.
1 windows 2008 server on another subnet can access the nas while 10 PC's (XP & win7) on same subnet cannot access it.
Other subnets can access no problems.

No access means NO FTP, HTTP (front view) or any file shares (samba), I can access via SSH for a short time only then the connection locks/dies.

There is no way to define this issue to either the NAS, the network or the PC's.
I have removed all firewalls and antivirus,/malware services and still no access on specific PC's (local or alternate subnet)

Does anyone know where i can look for any relevant information on this issue?>??
I have checked the logs but nothing seems to point to any error...
IS there any Logs i should look specifically at ?? and what shouold i be looking for??
Are there any linux files on the NAS that may point to any reason for this issus?????
Message 1 of 3
Mike123456
Tutor

Are you able to ping the NAS and not access the files? or can you not access the files nor ping it?
Message 2 of 3
sjh666
Aspirant

Yes, i can ping the NAS from any PC.
Its a ReadyNAS 2100 v1 [X-RAID2]
running RAIDiator 4.2.22

I have found one directory in one share that will allow me to view contents (via explorer)
This share has several directory's within in but only one is accessible.
I have checked permissions via ls -l and there is no difference.
I can access all directories from other PC's using same login.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements