× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New ReadyNAS+ and no Shares

ML2000
Aspirant

New ReadyNAS+ and no Shares

Bought a new diskless READYNAS NV+ and 2 Seagate ST2000DL003 2TB HDDs which are on the HCL. The 2 drives worked for about a week with ~2TB in X-RAID using RAIDiator 4.1.7. Decided to add 2 more drives and ran into problems with vgextend error (Disk capacity expansion error. vgextend). Checked forum found no solution and called Support, ran into same issue of being passed around like a hot potato, was told drives not on HCL and known to be incompatible and also told NV+ was a business unit and I could not get support, but with encouragement finally ended up with some who helped and walked me thru with a factory reset. However still not working but different issue now

On resync completion and after any reboot getting message

"The paths for the shares listed below could not be found. Typically, this occurs when the ReadyNAS is unable to access the data volume. media backup"

During factory reset the light for drive4 was flashing and only drive 4 was flashing in RAIDar with message of syncing when put mouse on the flashing LED in RAIDar.

Once complete the setup web interface shows 0% of 0MB. In fact during resync shows 0% of 0MB. On initial setup with 2 drives was not like this.

Looking at the Volume Settings I see that Ch 1, Ch 2, Ch 3 show 0MB free and Ch4 shows 1860 GB free.

When I tried to add a Share called media it says already exists.

Any suggestions on how to fix. I am redoing the factory default again, expect same outcome.

My only thoughts are buggy software/firmware or HDD issues or maybe both. I will retry the original 2 drives. I see other postings where others had issues with same drives in NV+ but their symptoms were different and bad drives. Also seen others with that error message but seems to be when people deleted shares they added which is not my issue.

Anyone know of a solution. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 2
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: New ReadyNAS+ and no Shares

In doing a factory reset, try to erase the volume instead of just selecting the RAID type right away. After erasing the volume, then try to configure the RAID type after. See if there will be a difference.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements